Chapter{15}

I dragged my feet through the never ending stone hallways. The warm, gentle sun shining through the windows did nothing to comfort me. It only made me more upset...

It's been too long...my whole body feels uncomfortable. It feels like my body is deficient in seventeen different things and I've got no way of getting even one of them.

I finally trudged my way to the canteen in my zombie like state, before throwing myself onto a chair, groaning for dramatic emphasis.

Charlotte gave me a quick glance before returning to her unfoodlike food.

I groan louder

No reaction.

I begin to smack my head off the table.

Still nothing.

I try dramatically wailing songs of sorrow that I've heard Street musicians singing.

She doesn't move a muscle, but Quinton, who's sitting right behind me, snaps.

"Oh, would you give it a rest? Don't subject me to your swine-like screeching," he whips around to Charlotte, "and you, aren't you this creature's superior? Keep it under control."

He clicked his tongue and turned to continue eating his powdery liquid called breakfast.

This is normally the part where I would come up with an insanely clever come back, or at the very least, physically assault him...but I've got no energy so I lay back down on the table.

Charlotte shoots her eyebrows up in surprise and finally looks my way.

"Are you not going to rearrange his face, or whatever you usually do?"

"Nah, I'm just not feeling it." I slump over a little more

Ask me what's wrong, come on, ask me, ask me, ask me, I promise its really important.

Charlotte, as if getting my mental message, sighs.

"Fine, tell me what's wrong."

"You were so nice and sweet a few days ago...never mind I'll get into that later. Right not my problem is Lillian!"

She sighed for the hundredth time, "when is your problem ever not Lillian?"

"Oh...you're right." My eyes fill up with tears, I clasp my hands together with joy, "she's made such an impact on my life, hasn't she?"

Charlotte gives me an unamused look.

"Ok, alright, getting to the point now." I slam my fists on the table, throwing the cutlery into disarray, "I miss Lillian! I thought I could survive through this training with my raw determination and her wonderful, wonderful letters, but I was wrong!"

I tried not to cry, how am I supposed to give all of me to Lillian if I'm always losing parts.

"I thought I could be the perfect Knight and be chivalrous, but recently all I've been thinking about is kissing her all over her graceful fingers and running my fingers through her hair! This is agony!"

Quinton turned back around to join the conversation(or to stick his nose in my business).

"So you're training to become a Knight just to serve some pompous rich lady? Thats-"

"Another word, Melk, and I'll gut you right here with just a spoon and my bare hands."

He turned back around to his group and Charlotte attempted to comfort me.

"If you really miss her that much, why don't you just go and visit her?"

I whined, "how am I supposed to leave during the middle of school? I can't just leaaavvvveeeeooooh wait.....this is a video game. When do people ever go to class in games?"