Chapter{6}

Eddie and I were sitting on the seat in the hallway. He was holding ice wrapped in a cloth up to his face, soothing the area which I hit. His face was still flushed and embarrassed and he had unshed tears in his eyes. He was quietly grumbling to himself, something along the lines of, "Stupid May, hmph, I wasn't even trying."

I know most would be concerned about the "elegant" boy obviously in pain, but guess who wasn't? Ding ding ding, we have a winner, of course it was me! After my parents scolded me (well, mother scolded me, father was giving me words of encouragement saying that he was so proud) they sent us to sit in the hall and wait for someone to come pick the royal brat up.

I was physically convulsing, trying not to laugh any louder than I was in fear that mother might hear me and get out the wooden spoon of death for real.

"Its still not funny." The blonde Prince mumbled beside me, his words slurred from his swelling cheek.

It took a moment for me to stop wheezing before I could finally get out, "a-are you kidding me!? Hahaha, I promise y-you wouldn't be saying that if you s-saw your face!"

Eddie was silent while I continued to laugh,"I'm Prince Eddie the strongest swordsman in the land, oh what's this? Bested by a little girl? Oh the shame, how will I live with myself!?" I mocked, letting out rather unladylike snorts.

"S-shut up!" He tried to act mad, but the childlike giggles erupting from his throat gave him away.

I stared at the annoying twat sitting next to me as he rolled his eyes. Maybe I'm starting to change my mind about this guy. Perhaps if he stays this way and doesn't evolve into that flashy Prince from the game, I wouldn't mind staying his friend.

Edward noticed I was looking and turned to me with a smug look, "what? You're not falling for me are you, really, I can hardly blame you." He gave me a wink.

....I take it all back.

I gave him a deadpan stare, "that's literally the most disgusting thing I've ever heard."

He burst out laughing at my annoyed expression. Phew, thank God he wasn't being sirious. I let my guard down there and forgot this guy's supposed to be "destined" to fall for me. I will destroy him if he gets anywhere between me and the one in truly destined for! I wanna be everything she's ever wanted, but I can't do that with a flock of boys following me, that would totally ruin the mood! That's why I've gotta make sure this princely prat is the only one I get close to.

Dreaming of my love, I zoned out of the conversation, staring blankly into the air. Eddie gave me an expression of concern and guilt, and was about to say something until,

Knock, Knock, Knock.

That's gotta be his butler or something, right? At last! The sooner he leaves, the sooner I can go back to my precious daydream. I was just getting to the good part where I boldly asked her father for his blessing, only to be refused! We prepare to run away to spend the rest of our days living in a cute little cottage in the middle of the forest. I go out to work in our little garden and she paints pictures. The light shining onto her marble like features. I call out to her. She glances up from her artwork, eyes shining like gemstones. A gentle smile comes across her features as I-

Oh shoot! I got distracted again.....

Excited to return back to my paradise, I run to the door and springing open, only to be greeted by a whole new problem. I immediately shut the door again, in the face of the newcomer. My blissful expression becoming strained as my eyebrows twitched in irritation. I took a deep breath in, and then out, then quickly fixed my expression.

Then with my sickly sweet smile I reopened the door again only to be greeted by the problem. William Alern, Eddie's older brother and the first Prince of the kingdom. Oh boy, we're in for a treat. From what I remember this guy is commonly referred to as the "older brother" type. He s kind, reliable, trustworthy and oh right boring with a capital B. Not to dunk on people who are nice, I'm sure you're lovely people, but when that's your only character trait then I'm afraid we're gonna have some problems. I know Eddie's a royal pain but at least he's entertainingly awful, I remember playing his route and cringing at the cheesy proclaims of love. But at least it's not as bad as almost falling asleep while playing due to the fact that literally nothing happens during his route! Like, where's the flavour!? Even his character design is boring. Sure he may still be an absolute cutie, he has to be he's a capture target, but when compared to Eddie's soft blonde hair and bright blue eyes, this guy's got light brown hair accompanied with dull blue eyes.