Chapter {2}

It's been close to three years since I've arrived in this dreaded otome game, yes I have confirmed that I really am the heroine. I'm not old enough yet to see any solid reseblence but I've definitely got her brown hair and golden eyes.

So far nothing much has happened, well except for the fact that I'm considered a child prodigy. After listening to them all day everyday I've managed to pick up a lot of their language. I practiced in my room at night. Sadly I got impatient and decided that just speaking in full sentences would make my life much easier.

After all, the sooner I can talk the sooner I can ask my dad to teach me sword fighting. He was understandably confused. I would too of my infant child asked my to teach them how to fight, but he told he he would when I got older. That means I'm one step closer to my goal!

Other than that my life is pretty vanilla. The game doesn't say much about the heroine's back story other than the whole secret child of the kings trusted friend. There's one problem though, I never really learnt all the secondary character names so I've got no clue what my real dad's name is.

This is all so frustrating but I guess it's not the worst. I mean, I've got loving parents and a warm bed to sleep in so I'd say it's pretty good. Next on my list is getting over the whole walking thing. If I can learn to move my body properly my dad might teach me a few skills.

Speaking of said dad, here he comes now. He's not much of a looker but not all to shabby either. I don't understand how such a pretty girl could be born from such mundane people. Ah, no! Stop it! Don't let that get to your head, I must be modest and humble or my sweet Lillian may not fall in love with me. That would be the worst! I have to be careful not to be too likeable though, or those dastardly love interests will come after me. I suppose I could always act cold towards them, yes I'm a genius! After all who would fall in love with someone who hates them.

"So, what do you think, May?"

Oh great, has he been talking this while time? Uh, I've got no clue what he's talking about. I'll have to diffuse this situation somehow.

"That sounds great papa!"

There, as long as I just nod and agree my adorable heroine powers will get me through this without being awkward. Wonder if I'll ever figure out what he was talking abou-

"Alright, just make sure you're ready. He'll be here around noon tomorrow. Make sure you clean up for dinner, ok?"

........huh?

Well then, that didn't make any sense whatsoever. Who's coming? Think, think! Nothing should have happened during these years. Unless my actions have already cause some sort of problem. Jeez, is there an end to my issues. To think that I could have already started some sort of butterfly effect. I've only been here a little while!

Ok breathe, calm down. Chances are it's just some unnamed character coming to give the heroine something to do. If the game didn't mention it it can't be all that important. Yes, this is fine. I just need to forget about it and get back to my current problem. Right, sorry about that. Where were we, ah yes, if you haven't fought on May is my new name. It surprised me, considering that the player usually decides the name of the heroine. But I guess this is just a randomly generated name. Figures it's something cliche, does this game have any respect for itself?

Well, guess I should do as dad says and get ready for dinner. He's a pretty strange guy my dad. To be honest, the only reason I call him papa is because be gets extremely depressed if I don't. Hmm, I think there was a word for people like him. Oh well, I'm probably better off not remembering anyway. He's a real softie but certainly doesn't look it. On the outside he's a towering giant even when compared to other grown men. He's got this scary face too, like he wants nothing more than to stomp a village or something. I get my brown hair from him, his features in general are quite dark and brooding.

However, on the inside he's like a fluffy bunny rabbit. The only reason he got so big and strong was to protect my mother, who I hear he fell in love at first sight with. The two are childhood sweethearts, which is just super gross. I mean, who would tell all this to their kid other than two lovey, dovey weirdos.

Compared to my dad my mum's pretty laid back. As you've probably already deduced, she's the route of my golden eyes. Although shes got pretty average featues she has this warm presense that couldnt be replicated in the game. But no matter how feminine she looks, or how warm she feels it's pretty clear that she's the boss in their relationship. When she's angry (which is pretty often considering who she's married to) her warm aura will turn cold and bitter. She's also probably the only person in existence who can make a wooden spoon into a godly weapon of destruction.

Luckily for me, dad can always calm her down by effortlessly making her flustered. Unlukily for me, it usually ends up with the two of then getting all gooey and romantic. I don't want to see that stuff unless it's between me and Lillian!

"May, hurry up. Dinners getting cold"

Oops, guess I went on a bit too long. I've got to hurry before she gets any more angry. I wonder what's for dinner. Hopefully something filling! After all I'll need my strength to grow faster. I definitely want to be taller than the heroine was in the game. Oi, don't laugh! A girl can dream.......Right?