chapter {12}

It was just like any other day. The sun was up the birds were singing, and I was snuggling into my nice, warm....sheets? No somethings not right. As I opened my eyes a few questions came to mind, why is my bed moving? Why is my bed made of leather? And why does my room look suspiciously like a carriages interior.

Never mind, I remember now. I got into this carriage if my own free will. It's taking me to the place I've always dreamed of going, and no it's not Lillian's bedroom you perv....I've already been there.

It is of course the knights academy.

I have recently rediscovered that shame is irrelevant when you're a child. So if I were to say, I don't know, throw a tantrum in the front hall, I'd probably get what ever I wanted. It of course helps when you've got a dad with a soft heart and a mum who's tired of your shit.

I know... not the most dignified method, but I was desperate ok!? If I don't graduate before Lillian joins the magic academy then all my dreams will shatter! Contacting her will only get harder as she gets older. She'll be forced to take on responsibilities, go to more social events and not to mention the marriage proposals that would flood in! Anyone would take one look at her and fall head over heels. Besides, I have to be there to make sure she doesn't go down the path of a villainess, and no that's not some lame excuse to stick to her! Jeez get off my back.

I propped my face up with my hand and stared blankly at the passing scenery. Unlike the magic academy which is located in the city, the knights academy is burried deep within the countryside. Presumably so they have more room to work us to death. Most of the professors are retired knights but there are the occasional few who are younger. The younger ones usually have been injured in battle and no longer have use as a knight. So tragic...if I ever get injured in battle just having Lillian by my side, worrying, cheering me on the get better, I think I'd recover instantly.

Sadly for me, the professors at the knights academy are infamous for being incredibly harsh on new students. It doesn't help that I'm guaranteed to be the youngest there and one of the only females. The academy has always has an impressively steep male to female ratio. Last year there was one female for every sixty two males, and there's only fifty one per class....

Oh well, I can deal with this later. I just have to think of this as a three year long holiday from all capture targets. The only person I told about my escape was Lillian, duh. But she probably told her brother, I don't think that little problem wants much to do with me though. The main point is that neither of those princely brothers know where I am or how to contact me.

I swear if I hear anything about a search party I'm gonna destroy them...

Hm, I suppose there's also the guys at the guild... but honestly they expect me to do my own thing at this point. I've gained their trust more or less. If anything they'll be relived to not deal with my chaotic mess every day. Guess I'll just have to be extra problematic when I get back to make up for it.

Well, it's not my problem anymore, especially since I've just arrived.

I was greeted with tall stone walls with a rusted silver gate. Moss was beginning to form on the bricks and floral weeds grew along the occasional sunny patch. Beyond the walls was an ancient looking building, vines grew up the loose brickwork and the spires looked like they'd fall over with the slightest breeze.

I'm conclusion: it's a shit hole....

But at least it's a pretty shit hole.

Trying to compare this place to the magic academy was futile. The entire building was about a quarter of the magic academy's size and it looked like it hadn't been maintained in a very long time.