Chapter{10}

When I woke up this morning it felt like Christmas. But no, it wasn't because I was excited to get my ID card, it was because as I opened my eyes I was greeted with two hyperactive toddlers telling me to wake the fuck up. Yes, both Eddie and Will were bouncing on my bed. I would totally sue if I wasn't like eleven or something, I can't remember.

This is the worst, how am I gonna shake them and go into town? Kicking them both out I had no choice to get dressed up, Eddie constantly knocking on the door to ask if I was done yet. I swear I'm about to drop kick that kid, I totally could considering I'm still taller than him. I can see into the future so I know this won't last for long, better make use of it while I can.

Finishing up I opened the door revealing an enthusiastic Eddie and a worried Will. Do I get extra points for alliteration?

"Hurry up May, I told you that today was the day I would knock you down more than usual!" I could practically see the fire setting in his eyes, he gripped the handle of an expensive looking dagger, flailing it around like a madman.

"H-hey, m-maybe we shouldn't fight t-today? Since you're so p-pumped up I don't think i-it's such a good idea..." Will rambled on softly.

I'm losing daylight here! If I fight Eddie he'll only end up asking for rematches until our never ending tie is settled. I'll win one then he'll win one, that's how it's been going for years now. Once we were sparring until the sun came up the next day. Actually that might have happened a few times...

On the other hand if I agree to Will's idea he'll take us to the library or something. He reminds me of a mother trying to entertain her two idiotic children on a rainy day. He'll teach us how to fold origami or make the best cupcakes and get us to decorate them. Honestly if my heart wasn't devoted to one person I probably would've wifed him by now.

Either way we'll be busy until late at night so I'll have to distract them. Oh wait. I have a plan, a stupid one. But I'm dealing with such idiots that it'll probably work.

I stabbed Eddie in the side with my hand, making him jump. Then from his now loosened grip, I stole the fancy knife before chucking it over the stair railing. The blonde dumbass looked at me like I'd just told him that I was the tooth fairy and I'd been selling his teeth to weirdos on the internet. A mixture of shock and horror.

"May! That was father's knife!"

Will whipped around to look.

"Y-you mean the one h-he specifically t-told you not to bring off the castle gr-grounds!?"

Eddie gulped and it was the only answer will needed. He then took a deep breath before vaulting over the railing to the floor below.

"Ed!"

Will, shocked, ran towards the stairs like a safe responsible kid and followed his brother to check the condition of the dagger. Taking my opportunity I turned and ran in the opposite direction, towards the balcony in my room. Grabbing the nearest cloak as I passed through the mess I made this morning. There was some shrubbery below it that might break my fall if I convert to what ever religion is relevant around here. In other words, if need a miracle. Lucky for me that's kinda my thing.

Surviving the fall, I immediately booked it once again down the dirt path. This seems familiar. Just as the house disappeared from view I heard Eddie scream,

"MAY IM GOING TO SLAUGHTER YOU!"

I decided that picking up the pace was a good idea, so I did, cackling like a maniac the whole way.

Arriving at the guild much faster than last time, I walked through the aged doorway with no hesitation. A few of the men inside instantly noticed me, giving nods of recognition. I guess waking into a bar wearing a fancy, full length dress kinda makes you stand out.