Chapter{8}

On the outskirts of our estate lies a forest, rich in wildlife. Gentle streams of glittering water, soft breezes brushing through the leaves. Some would call it an untouched spot of beauty. The sun beams from gaps in the trees, onto the delicate rabbits foraging for food. This tranquil state would remain peaceful of is wasn't for one major factor,

Me.

"AAAAHG"

As the scream of frustration tore from my lips the wildlife scampered away, the tree I kicked shed many of its leaves and the gentle drone of the flowing water was drowned out by my heavy breathing.

Why am I so angry you ask? Well I'm glad you asked, or didn't, I really too annoyed to care right now. Anyway, just this morning I'd finally plucked up the courage to ask my father to let me join the knight academy early. The earlier I get accepted the earlier i get out, and if I can finish all of my training before the game really begins then I can gleefully spend all of my time thinking about how to impress my dear instead of useless schoolwork.

I thought my father, being the laid back guy he is, would gladly send me off without a second thought, but no! He just had to give me a lecture about being too young, and too fragile! Excuse you! I may be a child but I won't be for very long, I've turned twelve now that's practically a teenager. Not to mention that even though I don't know how old I am mentaly it could easily be older than you old man! Besides if I wait much longer I'll still be in the knight academy when the game starts, and I refuse to miss a single moment with my sweet.

The knight academy, like the magic academy, takes in fifteen year olds and then trains them for three years before they're spat back out and forced to function in a normal society. So if I can get admitted now I'll be in by twelve and out by fifteen, perfect timing to join up with the villainess and spend our days like love struck fools. But I can't do that if my father's gonna be, well... fatherly!

I punched the tree again with a great force, knocking the remaining leaves off the branches, the now exposed birds looking at me with distaste. It's not my fault if I destroyed your home! Now go away, what are you waiting for!? I'm not going to sing to you like a love struck princess! My loves be struck alright, struck out of the sky with a missile and now it's heading for a conveniently placed pit of spikes and flames!

I took a deep breath before signing deeply and falling to rest on my knees. I picked a twig up off the Sandy soil and began to draw a stick figure drawing of me and the villainess to calm my frustrations.

How am I going to prove that I'm worthy of her love of I can't even figure this out? If I give up right now then how will I ever be able to stand by her side with pride, i must figure out a solution!

I was finally beginning to relax, drawing the thirtyseven cats we're gonna own, when I heard rustling coming from my right.
Oh for fu-

"MAAAYYY!"

Is it still illegal to strangle kids in this medieval time cause I've got a funny feeling I'm about to find out.

"Bog off you princely prick," I gave him a harsh glare before burrying me face into my knees, his concerned expression pissed me off too much.

"Are you ok? We've been looking for you everywhere!" He tripped over his words. "Your father is really worried-"

I cut him off

"I'm not in the mood ok!? I was just starting to like you so don't ruin that for yourself!"

Eddie is literally the last person I wanna see right now, every time I look at him I'm reminded that he's going to be engaged to the love of my life in a few years...