Chapter 3

Their solitude was soon taken away by the soldiers that suddenly surrounded the area. Not wanting to stay any longer, Jennie picked up their masks and pulled Jisoo along with her to run from the place.

Confused but too mesmerized to stop and question, Jisoo simply ran with her. The things you do for your newfound love.

Jennie was shifting through the crowd when a hand interrupted her lead.

"Nayeon! I'm so glad to see you." Nayeon was pulled along with Jisoo who had a dopey smile on her face the entire time.

They had tracked back to the same area of the wall they had climbed down from, only now there were guards surrounding it.

"I'm not sure we could get back in there."

"You work there?" Jisoo was still unaware of Jennie's identity. The two girls started at her, bewildered. Taking advantage of this, Jennie put on her most innocent face before Nayeon could expose their identities.

"Yes, I do. Now I need to get back in without notice or I will be punished." A show of slight whimpering was enough to get Jisoo to agree. "Would you like to help me?"

"Anything for you." Smitten, Jisoo scanned the area for anyway she could help. "Pass me your mask."

"And why should I do that?" Jennie clutched onto it.

"Do not be unreasonable right now. Jeongyeon will recognize me. Now pass me your mask."

"Did you say Jeongyeon?" Nayeon perked up at the name.

"Yes, the guard." Jisoo moved closer to see Nayeon's shy smile. "I think I've just discovered something precious."

"Am I missing something?" The brunette didn't like the scene in front of her eyes of a blushing Nayeon and the smirking stranger.

"Not at all, dear." The soldier took Jennie's mask in her hand and removed the knife she was keeping from its place. Slipping past the people, she was able to grab the horse she had spotted nearby.

"Sorry, buddy." She quickly sliced the rope that had tied it to the pole and climbed up with ease. Jennie and Nayeon watched from the side, still blending in with the crowd.

With her best attempt to rile up the horse, Jisoo pulled on its harness repeatedly until it eventually went mad and started galloping around the place.

Seeing the commotion the guards ran to check it out and in the meantime, Jennie and Nayeon climbed up the wall. As planned, Jisoo was about to jump off halfway through but the horse was too stimulated and Jennie was still not completely up the wall.

"I'm so sorry about this but I'm not sure the horse will cooperate with me at all." The girl quickly jumped down and watched the royal guards chase after it. Jennie was left stranded half way up but pulled herself enough to climb on top.

Jisoo was running away in the dark when the princess yelled back for her.

"Yah! At least tell me your name!"

The rushing girl looked back at Jennie with a confused expression which soon evolved into a bright grin.

"Sooya. Lee Sooya."

----------

"You were at the festival? Why didn't you come find us?"

"I would rather poke my eyes out with a sword than stay beside you two and watch Lisa shamelessly ask for your hand in marriage every few minutes."

"Unnie." Her sister whined, hitting her arm.

"Chaeyoung-ah," Jisoo rubbed her sore spot. "You sure do have a heavy hand, please use it on Lisa."