Chapter 9

"And...we are done." She handed everything back to Nayeon and watched the servant leave with a contorted expression.

"Thank you for your service, your Highness." Jisoo bowed. "I once again apologize for causing you to cut the day short."

"Don't." Jennie blushed thinking of the fact she had spent a whole day with someone else without realizing. "I enjoyed the day."

She suddenly remembered the General''s sister and friend's proposal for the night.

"Are you on your way to spend the night with the others now?" She shyly asked. Truth be told she wanted to join them. Or just spend longer time with her.

"Yes. Want to join?" Jennie gasped when Jisoo asked without her speaking. Could the General read minds?

"Do not make such useless jests."

"I'm very serious. Would you like to join? I would love to have you." Jennie raised her brow at the implication.

"Have you over. What did you think of?" The raven chuckled at the younger's flustered expression.

"Don't be silly. You know I'm not allowed to leave at such hours."

"It is not an issue if no one knows." She winked.

"Well, I thought the same and now look, I have my own personal guard that patrols with me every minute of the day."

"That slightly hurt but I understand the sentiment." Jisoo held her hand to her "wounded" heart. "But you're forgetting a key detail here."

"And that is?"

"You're with me. I'm the one that suggested this little detour for the night. Leave it to me and I will make sure you enjoy our night together and do not get caught."

"What do you have in mind, General?" She gazed into Jisoo's eyes with curiosity.

"Do not worry about that. I promise to safely return you before the day begins."

"And how do I trust that?" She already trusted her.

"If not, you could inform the Emperor that I had attempted to kidnap you instead. Dying for you is no issue for me."

"So lovesick, aren't you?" Jennie mocked Jisoo's smirk.

"I would burn everything I loved if I knew the fire was warming you."

"I thought you loved me." Jennie cheekily replied.

"Glad to see you keep my words in mind, your Highness." As usual, Jennie rolled her eyes and ignored her words even though her face was slowly rising in heat.

"Now will you wait here for me? It might take a while."

"I will wait for you as long as you want me to." Jennie reassured Jisoo, holding her gentle gaze.

"Wonderful."

----------

"How did you get Nayeon to agree?"