Chapter 6

"Today is your first day." Chaeyoung fixed Jisoo's hair once again. "Do not cause unnecessary troubles. Behave."

Jisoo's head bobbed up and down like a child.

"Good luck, General Lee. I'll be sleeping here while you work." Lisa leisurely laid her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder.

"Only because you're injured!"

"Let's go now. I'm sure the Emperor doesn't enjoy waiting." Seulgi and Jisoo took their leave.

They parted with Seulgi joining the other soldiers for morning training.

Entering the palace with permission, Jisoo slowly made her way inside to see the Emperor sitting at his throne.

"General Lee."

"Your Majesty." She bowed to greet him.

"Due to the unfortunate circumstances. The injured soldier is yet to return to take care of her duties as my daughter's guard."

That should be me!

"Is there any way I could help, your Majesty?"

"Yes, but before that. We shall go greet your new army. Do not let me keep you waiting."

Along with the Emperor, Jisoo made her way to greet the army she had been fighting with. Of course, they were already familiar with her. A select few disliked her newfound position in power but the rest simply smiled and accepted with amusement.

"If we're done here, we may speak about the next subject."

They walked together until they reached a chamber unfamiliar to Jisoo.

"This is the crown princess's chamber. Due to the injury the young soldier sustained, she is left without the guard I had promised."

"Until she recovers, I would appreciate it deeply if you accept to act as her guard for the mere time being"

Jisoo's mood lifted with ease. She had to contain herself from jumping up in excitement.

"I would do as you say, your Majesty!" She bowed as straight as she could.

"Good." He nodded at her. "Come. Let's meet the crown princess."

I hope Lisa never recovers.

Jisoo was led to the back which contained a garden with servants watering the plants and flowers.

"Your Majesty!" Nayeon came, skipping at the sight of the Emperor. Her gaze shifted to Jisoo who was cockily smiling "And General Lee." She bowed in return to the frenzied girl.

"Where is she?"

"The princess is busy watering the flowers, your Majesty."

"Very well. Please bring General Lee to meet with her. She will be acting as her guard until the official one recovers."

"Then I will be taking my leave." The Emperor left Jisoo with Nayeon.

"Wonderful morning."

"Yes. Wonderful." Nayeon grimaced. Still afraid, Jisoo will reveal details of the forbidden night to the other guards.

"Why so sour, your Highness?"

"Y-Your Highness?" Nayeon stuttered through her words. "I'm not the princess."

"Yes, but you definitely are a princess in my eyes. Such delicate features, I would've mistaken you for royalty any day." Jisoo dragged her eyes painfully slowly over Nayeon's features before walking past her, leaving the girl to blush shyly.