3

A week later.

"Lani." Yasir leaned against her doorway, and she ignored him, moisturizing her hair in the mirror.

"So you still ain't talkin' to me?" He chuckled, watching her maneuver around her room.

Yulani had barely spoken to him since their small argument a week ago. She felt like he was being unfair, and she didn't like it.

"Kairi you don't have a car because you don't need one. You go to school and back, and that's it. Yulan gotta go to out the city games, and he takes care of you when I ain't here. I ain't treating him better than you, I just don't think you need a car." He told her, and she frowned.

"That's not an excuse because the school has a bus that takes them to those games. I don't need him to take care of me, I'm not a child Yasir-I'm 17." She frowned at him.

"You're not a child?" He chuckled, and she shook her head no.

"Well get a job and buy your own like an adult." He said, before turning to walk away.

"Santana that's not fair! You didn't make Zaire get his own car you bought his. Why can't I have one?!" She followed him as he stopped in the living room.

"You and Yulan ain't the same fucking people Kairi. What he has, you won't always have and it's vice versa. You not getting a fucking car unless you buy your own, and that's it. I'll get you one when I feel like you're responsible enough." He told her.

"He just got benched for two games for getting in trouble at school, when I've never gotten in trouble before, but I'm not responsible enough? How am I not responsible?" She folded her arms.

"He what?" Yasir frowned as Yulan walked out the bathroom, fully dressed.

"What?" He confusedly frowned as the two of them stared at him.

"You got benched Zaire?!" Yasir mugged him, and Yulan looked at his sister.

"You fucking snitch Lani damn." He frowned at her, and she rolled her eyes.

"No because it's n-." She started, and Yasir cut her off.

"Be quiet. Both of y'all. What the fuck you getting benched for? What the fuck did you do?" Yasir looked at his little brother.

"Smoking." He mumbled, scratching the back of his head.

"Sm-boy I should beat the fuck out you! You do sports stupid you can't fucking smoke-much less get caught. You wanna lose your pick? You tryna stay in this bum ass city forever?" Yasir was now standing in front of him, slightly towering over him.

"No. I'm sorry." He sighed, and Yasir ran his hands down his face.

"Get out my face before I beat yo fucking ass Zaire." Yasir spoke lowly, and Yulan grabbed his bag, walking out the front door.

"You too Kairi." Yasir told her, and she frowned.

"So he keeps his car?! Yasir that's n-." She started, and he cut her off.

"Now!" He rose his voice, and she groaned in frustration, walking out the door and slamming it behind her.

She walked over to the car, getting inside and Yulan pulled off without saying anything.

"I wasn't tr-." She started, and he cut her off.

"Don't care, didn't ask." He mumbled, and she rolled her eyes, looking out the window.

They made the quiet 10 minute ride to school, both of them walking away without saying anything once they made it there.

"Best friend why you look so upset?" Sydney approached her, walking next to her.