14

A week later.

"Stop being scared Yulan. He is not gone disown you or nothing." Yulani said, on the phone with her twin.

"It's not that I-bro. It's just like, I been liking girls all my life, to his knowledge. So now I'm finna tell him I been fucking with a nigga for almost a year. This is not just casual conversation you know? How am I not supposed to be scared?" He frowned at her through the camera.

"Well it's okay to be scared. Just trust him twin, he's trying to be there for us more. He loves both us-even though he sometimes has a hard time showing it-more than anything. He won't judge you." She told him, and he sighed, nodding his head because she was right.

"Thank you twin. When you coming home?" He asked, and she shrugged.

"I might just move in with Jai. He asked me to." She smirked, and he smacked his lips, making her laugh.

"Nah but tonight. I started my cycle and I need to be home in my bed with my heating pad chile." She sighed, and he nodded, chuckling.

"Aight then, Ima have some food and yo candy here for you. I love you." He told her, and she smiled.

"I love you too baby. Good luck." She waved, before hanging up.

Yulani had been with Jai for the last week, going to school and back from his house. Yasir didn't mind, but he'd only given her 6 days. After that, she had to come home.

Yulan, on the other hand, had been spending his days with Adonis, before coming back home at night.

Yasir had thought he'd been playing ball during the time he would leave, but really he was either out on a date with Adonis, or spending time at his house.

Yulan sighed, standing up from his bed and walking out of his room.

He glanced at his mom who was in the kitchen, RnB music playing as she cooked dinner-herbed rice with fish tahdig, Persian chicken meatball soup on the side-for the first time in a while.

He knew that she needed something from Yasir, because she was making his favorite meal.

She did it every few months, and she'd attempt to butter up to the three of them to get whatever she needed from Yasir.

The twins loved their mom, no matter what she did. They loved the random moments she was in moods like these.

And all Yasir wanted was for them to be happy. So whenever Skye made the twins happy, Yasir would give her whatever it was that she asked for.

A small smile graced his face, and he kissed her cheek.

"I love you mama." He told her, and she smiled, dancing along to the Iranian beat coming from her speaker.

"I love you too Yulan. Gone nie'." She waved him out of the kitchen, and he chuckled, walking downstairs to Yasir's room.

He knocked, walking inside once granted permission.

"You seen mama up there?" Yulan asked, sitting next to him on his bed.

"Nah. I smell the food though. One of those moods?" Yasir questioned, and he nodded, shrugging.

"You good?" He asked, and Yulan rubbed the back of his head, sighing.

"Wassup twin?" Yasir frowned, grabbing his face to look at him, meeting his eyes.

"Can I tell you somethin'?" Yulan nervously asked, looking away to avoid his gaze.

"Anything. Wassup wit' you? Did something happen?" He questioned, and Yulan shook his head no, before looking up at him.