19

4 days later.

"On your feet inmate! Court today!" The guard banged on Jai's cell door, and he rose up, rolling his eyes at the noise.

He stood up from his bed, that wasn't even a bed. It was a platform concrete built against the wall with a thin foldable mattress.

He slugged over to the small sink in the corner, brushing his teeth with the mini toothbrush they'd gave him in his shower bag.

"You better hurry Inmate. You losing shower minutes!" The guard chuckled, and he rolled his eyes again.

He grabbed his shower bag and a fresh pair of underwear, knocking twice on his cell door.

The guard unlocked it, cuffing around Jai's wrists. Jai followed him towards the bathrooms, frowning his face up at the smell he had yet to get used to.

The guard under him, walking out the bathroom as Jai closed the miniature shower curtain that only covered his lower half.

He stood under the cold water, his thoughts roaming.

He missed Yulani more and more everyday. He just wanted to hear her voice, her laugh, or even her cussing him out.

He knew what he did was wrong, and he felt so bad for hurting Yulani. He didn't too much care that he'd hurt Yasir, but he didn't realize the effect it'd have on Yulani.

He had been planning this for awhile, but Yulani was not supposed to play the part she did. He wasn't supposed to fall in love with her.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

July 2020 | Refer to Prologue Chapter |

Jai sat in his best friend, Jaden's room, playing GTA on his TV. He had the volume silent, a major migraine overpowering his head from the smell of tattoo ink he'd endured all day.

Jaden had invited him out to shoot dice in the kitchen with them, but he didn't really like being around people he didn't know.

Plus, they were currently being loud and he didn't want his headache to worsen.

"Ion give a fuck. Y'all niggas be butthurt bout $500." He heard their friend, Yasir's voice.

"Yeah yeah. See you tomorrow nigga." Kade said next, before the backdoor opened and closed.

He stood up, figuring it was probably about time for him to head home. He grabbed his phone, taking his charger box from out the wall.

He heard a gunshot, and he rose an eyebrow, figuring they were playing and brushed it off.

And then he heard another, before hearing another, and his eyes widened.

He looked out of the room door, his heard dropping seeing their friend Yasir, standing over Tae, before shooting him between his eyes, killing him.

Yasir looked around for the fourth person that he was hired to kill. He was paid $150,000 to catch the bodies of Tae, Kade, Jaden & the fourth person who's name he couldn't remember.

Yasir was told that a fourth person would be here, but figuring the man who hired him was talking about Terrance-who was always late to their hangouts-he walked out the door.