y/n's brother

- a few weeks later -

*Peter pov*

There was nothing unusual about tonight. I had bought and eaten my sandwich from Mr. Delmar's, then proceeded to deal with a few thugs here and there. I started to swing back home as nothing had happened in a while.

I was close to my apartment when I saw her.  She was wearing a tight, crimson color dress, and her long brown hair was tied up in a messy bun. I hadn't spoken to y/n in weeks, and I couldn't help wondering what she was doing walking around this late looking like that, that gorgeous and perfect.

I start to swing in her direction, but I stop as I realize I was in my Spiderman suit. I stayed at rooftop level as I followed her home, ensuring she was safe.

She had walked a few blocks away from when I had first seen her when I saw someone else following her. A man just behind her. I get closer, but make sure I still could not be seen. He gets closer to her and reaches out his arm to touch her shoulder. She turns around almost instantly and punches him in the face.

I don't know whether to go down and help. But then she seemed to realize who she had hit, and I saw her gesture apologetically. I didn't get any closer but still did not take my eyes off them.

They start walking together, and I see him put an arm around y/n. This man looked a lot older than her, and I questioned their relationship. They turned the corner and I followed, but as I turned the corner after them, I crashed into them, accidentally knocking y/n over.

"Oh my god I am so sorry. I didn't mean -" I start, as I help her to stand. Suddenly, I felt something hit my back. I thought it was a fist but it felt like it was metal. I fell onto y/n, who just about caught me.

"Bucky no!" I heard her yell. Bucky? Who the hell is Bucky?

I adjusted my position and let go of y/n to turn around. To my surprise, the man before me was none other than the Winter Soldier. 'oh'  I thought. 'that Bucky'.

"I am so sorry Mr. Barnes" I had met him before at the tower, and I hoped he remembered me. He didn't say anything though. He pushed past me and helped y/n fix her dress, before pulling half her hair out of her bun.

"Jerk!" she giggled as she took the rest of her hair out. It looked so soft and pretty as she shook her head.

I didn't realize I was staring until she looked back at me, still smiling. Her y/e/c eyes looked exceptionally pretty tonight, and I couldn't stop staring.

"Hey, you can get lost now" the Winter Soldier stepped in between you and looked at you with angered eyes and I stepped back.

"Buck stop being so mean" y/n said from behind him. she stepped around to look at me again. "sorry, overprotective brother, you know"

I nodded and left, shooting a web to pull me up to the roof of a nearby building. What was I supposed to say. I didn't know the Winter Soldier had a sister. I knew that y/n had a brother, I just didn't know it was him. How come I never saw her at the tower before? Then something hit me. Did y/n know who I was? Did she know I was Peter Parker? Would her brother not have told her?

Later that same night I got a text from Mr. Stark.

Had a run into the Winter Soldier I hear. lol did he hit you? he sent, along with the laughing emoji.

I ignore it as I rolled onto my bed and groaned. I sent y/n a quick text and didn't stop thinking about her until I finally fell asleep.

*y/n pov*
"Buck stop being so mean" You said rolling your eyes at his back. You walked to his side, so you could see Spider-Man again, "sorry overprotective brother, you know".
Then he just took off.
"That was a bit rude" you said looking at where he just disappeared from. Bucky shrugged and you started walking home again. When you got there, he picked up the phone to call his friend Steve, so you left him to go to your room. You quickly got changed into comfy pyjamas and then sat on the bed and looked at your phone. 2 notifications popped up. Someone had tagged you in a post on Instagram and the other was a text message. You opened the app to see who it was and was surprised when you saw that it was Peter who messaged. You hadn't spoken to him in a few weeks, since you called him a jerk in the hallway. The message read 'hey' but nothing else. You replied the same with a smiley face but he didn't reply the rest of the evening. He must've fallen asleep.
You turned your phone off and walked into the kitchen to see Bucky eating pizza.
"Want some?" He asked.
You didn't hesitate to sit next to him and grab a slice.
You sat in silence for a while before you said "what do you think of Spider-Man?"
"I don't like him" was the reply " he seemed like a creep. He wouldn't stop staring at you".
"Well yes but who would" you laughed jokingly.
"Someone with good vision."
You threw the slice of pizza you were holding at him and it dropped onto the floor. He still picked it up and ate it, though.
"Gross." you paused looking at him in disgust.
" you know you would have done the same"
You shrugged in agreement, before continuing "do you not see Spider-Man at the tower" you asked.
"I've seen him there once, but he doesn't really hang around there so we don't exactly cross paths."
You sighed. You constantly wish you were able to go to the tower more. You had been a couple times but Bucky didn't like you going as he thought it would be dangerous if someone saw you going to or from it. You had met pretty much all the avengers, just not Spider-Man. You thought back to the night he saved you. Well, you hadn't met him formally.
When all the pizza was gone, you were too tired to do anything else so you said "goodnight" to Buck and retired for the evening.