the party

*Peter pov*

y/n and I had been texting all weekend. We talked about so many things,  my interests, her interests, our favorite movies and books. The topic of family came up and I told her about my Aunt May. I told her how my parents had died, and she mentioned how her's had passed too. She talked a bit about her brother, referring to him as James.

The following Monday at school, she came to sit with Ned, MJ and I at lunch rather than her usual group of friends.

Liz eventually came over to us to talk to y/n.

"Hey, I'm having a party Friday night are you coming?" Liz completely ignored the rest of us at the table.

"Hmm idk" y/n looked over at me and Liz had obviously seen it as she invited us too. When she left, Ned nudged me and laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"What?" y/n said confused.

"It's nothing"

y/n looked over at MJ. She didn't look up from the book she was reading as she said "Peter has a crush on Liz".

I blushed as y/n looked back at me and smirked. "Aw how sweet" she laughed at me. "So do you want to go to this party?"

I hesitated. I didn't like parties that much. Ned chimed in "we'd love to", so I begrudgingly agreed.

That evening I decided to go to the tower rather than making my rounds as Spiderman.

When I got there, I saw a few of the avengers playing truth or dare.

"Hey kid, truth or dare?" Mr. Stark asked as I walked out the elevator. "Sorry, can't play right now. Mr. Barnes, can I, err, talk to you for a minute.

The Winter Soldier put down his beer and followed me into the next room.

"Hi." I watched him sit down in a chair opposite from where I was standing. "I'm Spiderman, by the way."

"Yeah. I know who you are."

"Oh, just the other night you didn't say anything when I, err, you know."

He didn't say anything, so I carried on.

"I'm actually a friend of y/n's. We go to school together."

He sat up in his chair as I said that, and leaned forward. I took off my Spiderman mask, that I had forgotten I was wearing. "I'm Peter ... Parker".

I offered my hand out to shake his, but he ignored it.

"What do you want, Peter?" he asked.

"Oh, well, I was just wondering, sir, if I could just possibly, erm, take y/n to a party on Friday, if that's ok with you? Not like a date or anything just as, well, just as friends."

He didn't say anything for a minute.

"Fine." he got up to leave, but before he got to the door, he turned back to face me. "But if anything happens to her, I will kill you."

"Right. Nothing will happen, I'll make sure of it." He looked at me disappointedly. "Thanks, Mr Barnes." I sighed.

"Call me Bucky."

*Bucky's pov*

I walked back into the other room and sat next to Steve.

"What's up with the kid?" I looked at Tony while I took a sip of my drink.

"Nice, isn't he?" Tony replied.

I shrugged and finished my beer.

- friday night -