Part 30

*y/n pov*
Before I passed out, I swear I heard someone scream my name.
But I must've imagined it because when I woke up again I was in a cell.
Or maybe whoever was there was just too badly injured to save me, but I didn't want to think about that.
I groaned and sat up in the bed - the only thing in the room.
It seemed quite comfortable to be in a cell with fluffy pillows and soft sheets.
This cell seemed altogether different from Hydra's usual cells.
The light was brighter, it was slightly larger, and it was generally cleaner.
As soon as I looked out the window, I quickly realised it was not a Hydra cell.
I was at the Avengers tower.
So why was I locked up?
"Bucky?" I called out hopefully. I ran over and started banging on the window, hoping to get someone's attention. "Bucky!" I screamed again.
Tears were forming in my eyes. I needed to know he was okay.
I smiled and let out a sigh of relief when my brother ran into my vision.
I pressed my hand up against the glass, and he did the same.
"Y/n" he sighed happily.
I stopped smiling all of a sudden. A look of worry came across my face.
"Bucky why am I in here? What happened?"
"It's okay I'm gonna get you out" he assured, then ran to a keypad by the side of the cell.
He stared at it for a moment, then looked back at me.
"I'll be back in a sec" he said.
"Wait Bucky!"
He turned back to face me.
"Don't leave. Where are you- please don't leave me."
"It's gonna be okay" he nodded, then left anyway.
I stared after him.
I was scared.
I was locked in here for a reason. I had obviously hurt someone.
Bucky came back a minute later with Stark.
"Hey kid" he grinned as he walked past the window.
I stared at him in disbelief.
He was so cheery.
"What the fuck Tony?!" I yelled at him.
"Woah, language."
I didn't notice that Steve had followed Bucky and Tony, along with Wanda.
"I'm sorry! But I'm locked in a cell, no one has told me why, but none of you even seem that bothered!"
Tony unlocked the cell, the glass sliding to let you step out.
I stood still.
Then I ran past all of them to go and find my room.
I collapsed on my bed, sobbing into my pillow.
I heard my door close, even though I left it wide open.
I looked up and saw Bucky standing in my room.
He sat on my bed, and his face softened when he saw I had been crying.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't know what happened Bucky" I admitted. "I was just... I did a really stupid thing b-because I was looking for Spider-Man because I, like, really needed to tell him something so I jumped off a roof and..."
"Wait you jumped off a roof?!"
"I'm really sorry Buck. But like I said I really needed to speak to Spiderman about something and he saved me when I jumped off a roof before I thought he would do the same this time. But he wasn't there so I just hit the ground. I don't even know how I survived. Then when I woke up I was tied up then I- I killed some people. Which I've never done before and it was terrifying as shit and I heard fighting so I opened this door and I... I don't remember anything after that. I woke up in the cell and now I'm worried I hurt some people and you don't trust me anymore."
"Oh y/n I'm sorry" Bucky put his arm around me comfortingly. "Of course we trust you. It's just last time Hydra took you, they brainwashed you, and we just needed to make sure you were okay."
"Really?"
"Yeah. We would never lock you up for no good reason. Unless you're being really annoying as per usual."
I chuckled at his poor attempt at a joke.
"But y/n please never ever jump off a roof again. You could get seriously hurt, or worse, and I can't let that happen to you."
"I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to hurt myself. I just needed to talk to Spider-Man."
"You know he's an avenger, why didn't you just come here?"
"He's never around."
"What did you need to talk to him about?"
"... Buck don't get mad..."
"See now I know whatever you're about to say is going to make me mad... so no promises."
"I kissed Spiderman."
"You what?!"
"It only happened like... three times."
Bucky didn't say anything for at least a minute. Then he smiled to himself.
"Bucky?" I questioned.
Was he smiling in anger? That seemed like the worst possible thing to see him doing. No, he seemed generally happy about something.
"What are you smiling for? You're not mad?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because I get fifty bucks."
"What?"
"Wait here. I'll go get Spiderman for you."
"Thank you?"
I sat on my bed, completely puzzled by his reaction.
I thought he would be very pissed.
He always wanted to protect me and look out for me, and do all the things that parents are meant to do for you.
So, he never liked me talking to any boys.
Except Peter of course. 
Shit, I needed to call Peter. I always told him everything. He might wanna know about this.
I was looking for my phone when Spiderman walked in.
"You're okay!" he exclaimed.
"Oh my god hi!"
"I can't believe you did what I specifically told you not to do!"
"I'm sorry I really needed to talk to you!"
"About what?" he asked, sitting down on the bed next to me.
He put his hand on mine, but I quickly pulled it away.
"I can't... I don't know what we're doing but I can't do it anymore. Kiss you, I mean."
"Oh" he sounded disappointed.
"I'm sorry. But I like someone else... remember the guy I was talking to you about the other night?"
"Oh?" he sounded more upbeat.
"Yeah well it turns out I have a huge crush on him and everything even though he's been my best friend for like ages but I really like him and I want to spend the rest of my life with him because I love him but I know it's too soon to say that which is just confusing because we always said I love you to each other when we were just best friends but I really think I love him because he just makes me feel so... good and I get butterflies whenever I see him and I always want him by my side and I swear I'm repeating myself now and I don't even know why I'm telling you this and... why are you... laughing?"
He had started laughing when you mentioned that you love your best friend.
"Oh my god do I sound really dumb? I'm saying all of this and I don't even know if he likes me back..."
"Y/n..."
"Yeah?" I stopped rambling to listen to what he had to say.
He reached up to his neck and found the end of his mask. He pulled it up, but didn't stop it above his lips like he normally did. He pulled it all the way off.
"Peter-" I started, before his lips crashed down on mine.
I was shocked at first that I didn't react, then the butterflies came along with the warmth and happiness I always felt when he was around.
I cupped his cheeks in my hands and kissed him passionately. I had waited so long to do this.
I pulled back for a second, and we smiled at each other while locking our eyes.
"I love you" he smiled.
"I love you too dork."
I couldn't stop myself from latching my lips onto his face once more. 
We had barely started kissing again when we heard a cheer from the other room.
I glanced at Peter, and we both burst out laughing when we realised that the others had been listening.
He pulled me off the bed, and we walked out hand in hand.
I looked over at Bucky, but he seemed happy.
"Finally" Tony sighed.
"We've been waiting so long" Wanda laughed.
"You have?" I giggled. "I didn't even realise until a couple days ago." I looked at Peter. "When did you, you know..."
"Realise I liked you?... well uh, around your 17th birthday."
"What? Pete that was months ago! Why didn't you tell me?"
"Things got in the way. People got in the way."
He looked down at my necklace.
"Oh my god. No" I quickly took it off. "Brad was such a dick. I wish I never met him."
"Yeah me too."
"What would you have done if he never got in the way?"
"I would've... probably been too nervous to do anything and never shoot my shot..."
I laughed at his reply.
"I'm so glad I figured it out myself then" I said, then turned to the others. "So when did you guys..." I trailed off, knowing they understood what I meant.
They all started naming random dates and times when you and Peter were together.
As they did so, I looked back over at Peter, smiling at me.
He put his hand round the back of my head and pulled my face closer to his.
I kissed him in front of everyone, not giving a shit about them.
I love him.