the next chapter

*y/n pov*
Even though you shouldn't have said it, you still told Spider-Man that you should meet again. And even though you have a boyfriend, which you're fine with, you were a bit hurt when you didn't see him in a while.
You were perfectly happy with Brad, and it's not that you didn't kiss, you did, a lot. But you found yourself thinking about the kiss with Spider-Man a lot too.
You would open your window at night, and spend hours waiting to see if you saw him. But you never did.
Peter told you just to try and forget about it, so you focused all your attention on your boyfriend.
You convinced yourself the kiss was nothing, only exciting from the mystery about the man.

4 weeks later and you finally had it out of mind.
"So do you want to hang out tonight?" Peter asked, and you stopped day dreaming.
"Of course. I'm going out with Brad but he'd totally be fine with it."
"Are you sure?"
"Of course. You're my best friend. He'll understand."
You returned to day dreaming, tuning out the calculus teacher in the background.
You walked out at the end of the day, holding Peter's hand.
"Wow. You know I think anyone could be convinced you were dating Peter not me." Brad said as you walked over to where he was waiting by the door.
As he kissed you, you asked "yeah. Can he hang out with us tonight?"
He hesitated. "Uh, yeah I suppose."
You put one arm around each boy on either side.
"You're still only dating me right?" Brad whispered into your ear, as a joke you presume.
You laughed and didn't reply.
That evening, you wanted to go clubbing.
"Come on. I want to dance!" You cried and tried to persuade the boys.
"We're underaged. How are we going to get in?" Peter asked.
"Barely! We can all pass as adults. Let's go."
Finally they gave in, and your plan to sneak pass the bouncer worked successfully.
"I'm going to get us some drinks." Brad yelled and disappeared into the crowd.
He reappeared a few minutes later with a tall glass for everyone, and you downed yours instantly.
Peter was still sipping his when you pulled him onto the dance floor. He spluttered it everyone.
"Y/n!" He yelled.
"Sorry. I wanna dance."
"I can dance with you." Brad was still standing by the small table at the side, yelling towards you.
"In a minute!" You yell back. You pulled Peter to the middle of the room, surrounded by strangers, and you could no longer see Brad.
You began to jump up and down to the music.
It took a couple of songs to convince Peter to dance with you.
"You're from a whole 'nother world, a different dimension" the music blasted.
"You open my eyes" you sing "and I'm ready to go lead me into the light!"
The room goes quiet. You stare into Peter's eyes. Your hands hold behind his neck. You were only focused on him.
"Kiss me. K-k-kiss me." His sweet voice sang. You felt yourself leaning forward.
"Infect me with your loving..." you whispered.
"Fill me with your poison..." Peter slowly spun you around, and pulled you in closer than you were before.
"Hey baby. Is it might turn to dance yet?" Brad stumbled out of nowhere, knocking Peter over.
"Oh God!" You help him up off the ground. "Brad..."
He grabbed you and kissed you on the lips.
"Ok. You're drunk." You pull away. "I think it's time to go."
"But I didn't get my dance." Brad slurred. He grabbed your hands and started slow dancing with you. You used his hand to pull him off the dance floor and towards the door.
"No" he struggled "we didn't dance." He stopped walking and pulled you back towards him. His breath was disgusting.
"God. No. We're going now."
He slapped you.
"I don't want to go."
"Fine. But I'm going." You turned and stormed out the club. When no one was around, you started to cry.
"Y/n. There you are. I thought I lost you in there." Peter walked up behind you and you turned to face him "oh no. What's wrong?"
You hug him tightly. His arms stroked your back.
"Nothing" you sniffed into his chest.
"We both know that's a lie. Come on. You used to tell me everything."
"Its really nothing. I'm just upset because uh, I have to walk home now. Brad wanted to stay, and he couldn't drive drunk anyway."
It wasn't a complete lie, you didn't want to walk home. And Brad was drunk. You just didn't tell him that your boyfriend had physically assaulted you two minutes ago.
"I'll walk you home. Do you want to go to Mr. Delmar's on the way?"
"I'd love that." You held his hand and started walking.

Later that evening, when you were back home, your phone rang. Without checking who it was, you picked it up.
"Hello? Y/n?" Brad groaned.
"I don't want to talk right now."
"Wait don't hang up. I'm sorry, ok? I was such a jerk. I drank too much. And I should've left with you. Did you get home safe?"
"Yeah. Peter walked me home."
There was a silence from the other line, before you heard something hit something else.
"Brad?"
"What?"
"What was that? Are you ok?"
"I'm fine. I'll see you Monday."
He hung up the phone. Abruptly.
You went over to sit next to your window and looked out for a while. Soon, I saw a familiar figure swing by.
You opened the window.
"Spider-Man!" You yelled. He paused on a rooftop and looked back. But he turned to swing away again.
"Hey Spider-Man! Hello!" You stepped out the window onto the fire escape, but your foot got stuck behind the windowsill.
You tugged at it, a little too hard. You launched forward, into and over the low railing.
"Oh shiiiiit" you try and grab onto it, but it was wet and slippery from a bit of rain earlier.
You were facing the sky, but you felt the ground coming closer.
Your eye-line reached the tops of lampposts and doors, and you shut your eyes tightly.
Someone caught you.
"Falling for me now?"
You opened one eye, then the other as you saw the mask that had brought you comfort before.
"Hi" you smiled up at him.
He put you down awkwardly. "Well. Gotta go."
"Hey wait! You're just going to go?"
"You're not in danger any more. When you're in danger, I'll be there. But you're not right now."
"Ok. Ok but wait." You walked up to him and pushed his mask up to see his lips. You settled yours against his. He put his arm around you and pulled you closer. His other arm reached into the sky and...
Ugh. You rolled your eyes as he stopped kissing you.
His webs pulled you up back to your window, and he placed you on the fire escape.
"Seriously."
He kissed you again. "Very" he smiled and pulled his mask back down.
You climbed back through the window and turned around to look at him. For once, he hadn't just disappeared.
"Will I see you soon?"
"Not unless you're in trouble. Stay out of it."