Brad

*Peter pov*
"I knew it!" Ned yelled through the phone "what are you going to do?"
"I don't know. I should probably tell her. But she probably doesn't even feel the same way."
"You won't know until you ask."
"I guess you're right."
"Of course I am. Now I gotta go sleep. But you're guy in the chair is here if you need anything."
"Night, Ned" I hung up the phone and rolled over in bed.

The next Monday, I was prepared to tell y/n how I felt. Nothing serious, just how I really like her and want to kiss her.
I was waiting outside school for her when her car pulled up and she got out. She was wearing a pair of leggings and a hoodie, nothing fancy, but she still looked perfect.
"Hey dork" she said.
I stared at her as she walked over to where I was standing. Shit, say something. Oh god stop staring at her. Speak!
"Peter? You okay?"
"Umm. Yeah. You look, you look nice today." I finally spoke. It's like I forgot how to talk to her normally. I was so gonna screw this up.
"Oh, so I didn't look nice the other day? Huh?" She joked.
I rolled my eyes at her and put my arm around her. "Come on let's get to class."
We walked into the gym about 5 minutes after the lesson started.
"You're late. Hurry up and join the rest of the class" Coach Wilson sighed and we started running with everyone else.
We did a few laps before stopping for a water break.
"Ugh I hate gym as first lesson." I groaned.
"I hate gym all the time" y/n panted and gulped down some water.
Before we started running again, Flash approached us. I held y/n's hand and pulled her to start doing laps again.
"Hey" he said. "Heard you had a party the other night. Did my invitation get lost in the mail?"
I turned to say something.
"Peter" y/n stopped me. I looked at her and let out a deep breath, letting my anger go.
"Oh come on." Flash smiled as he walked up behind us "Was it because you were afraid to have fun with me again?"
Nope. He went too far. I turned around to punch him in the face, but saw he had already been knocked over. Some guy was standing there, shaking his fist, having just punched him.
He walked over to us and spoke to y/n. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah. Thank you." She smiled up at him.
"Any time. I'm Brad, by the way."
"Hi Brad. I'm y/n." Her eyes sparkled in a way they never had before.
"So we kinda only just met, but uh..." Brad pulled out his phone. "You're really pretty. And I was wondering. Can I have your number?"
What. The fuck. Was going on.
Did this seriously have to happen today? Just when I realised I liked y/n.
She finished putting her number in his phone and gave it back to him. Then she looked at me.
"Oh this is..."
"Peter. Hi, nice to meet you."  I shook his hand. "We're friends."
"Yeah. Peter is my best friend." Y/n said as she looked back at Brad.
"So, uh, Brad. How come I don't recognise you from anywhere?" I asked. I didn't trust this guy.
"Oh, I just moved here, like two weeks ago. I don't think we've had any other classes together." Brad claimed.
I stared him up and down. I didn't like him.
Just then, coach Wilson came over to us.
"Hey. Why aren't you running? Why is Eugene on the floor?"
"It's Flash! And that bitch pushed me." Flash pointed at Brad.
"Ok. You help me take him to the nurse." He pointed at Brad, then at y/n and I. "You two get back to running."
As they walked out the door, Brad looked back and mouthed 'call me.'
I looked at y/n and she was giggling at him. Then she looked at me and saw me looking questioningly at her.
"What? He's cute!"
We started walking again.
"I don't trust him. He could be a Hydra assassin. He could be trying to kill you. He said he just moved here. That's suspicious." I whispered, genuinely concerned, but she just laughed at me.
"Peter! Stop being paranoid."
"I'm not being paranoid. I'm just being cautious."
"Paranoid." She corrected.

The next lesson, I had English with Ned, while MJ and y/n had Spanish together.
"So. Did you tell her? How you feel?" Ned asked excitedly.
"No. I tried. Sort of."
"What do you mean sort of? What happened?"
"Well. I hadn't actually tried to tell her anything yet. But this guy. Brad..."
"Oh I love Brad. He's so nice." Ned interrupted. I rolled my eyes at him. Great. Ned liked him too.
"Yeah, well Brad, he came over and asked y/n for her number. She gave it to him, and she said she thinks he's cute. So, now it's over."
"Dude. It's not over. You need to fight for her!"
I rested my forehead on the table and groaned. I wish I had spoken to y/n sooner.

Lunch came around, and I joined everyone at our normal table. Y/n wasn't there yet, so I asked the others where she was.
MJ pointed, and I followed her finger to where y/n was standing with Brad in the lunch queue. They were laughing together.
"What do you think they're laughing about? Do you think they're laughing about me?" I turned back to Ned, who just shrugged his shoulders.
"Hey" I heard a voice behind me. "Do you mind if Brad sits with us today?" Y/n asked.
"Sure!" Ned agreed when I didn't say anything.
Time seemed to go slowly, it was like torture. I listened to everyone laugh and get to know Brad. Everyone seemed to like him so much. It was getting hard to hate him.

Finally, the end of the day came around, and I quickly ran to my locker, as I wanted to leave as soon as possible.
"Hey dork" y/n was waiting by my locker "you alright? You barely said or ate anything at lunch."
"Yeah I'm fine. Just, wasn't hungry."
"Oh ok. I just wanted to find you and let you know, I uh. I'm going on a date."
"What?" I swung my locker closed so quickly I whacked myself in the head by accident. "Who are you, err, who you going with?" I asked, scared to know the answer. Even though I already knew what she was going to say.
"Brad. He's taking me to dinner tonight."
"Tonight? That's so soon. You've known him less than a day."
She rolled her eyes at me.
"Have you asked your brother?" I asked. He would definitely say no.
"I wasn't going to tell him. Don't look at me like that. You know how he gets. And don't you dare tell him."
"I won't." I reluctantly promised.
"Thanks." She kissed me on my cheek. "I'll call you when I get home."
"Bye" I blushed, but she couldn't hear me.
She was already running down the hallway to where I saw Brad waiting for her.
I banged my head into my locker again, purposefully this time.
How could I just let her go?