Chapter 4 : School Life

"-and that's about it," Marco finished. At the moment, he was currently standing in front of Principal Skeeves' desk, Seraph sitting in a chair next to him and his parents right behind him. It was early in the morning outside, well before school would start. Most people would have been asleep at this time, but thankfully for the Diazes, Principal Skeeves was a very early waker.

"Okaaay," Principal Skeeves said slowly, looking at the four of them with a narrow pair of eyes, "so let me get this straight. This girl-" he pointed at Seraph, "-is actually your daughter?" now looking at Marco.

He nodded. "Yes."

"And she's actually only a month old, but is physically and somewhat-mentally about fourteen years old because of the strange physics of a magical dimension?"

"That's about it."

"And you would like me to enroll her into this school?"

"Yes please, if you can," Rafael replied, a smile on his face.

"And you would like her to start today despite the fact that the semester is well underway?"

"If it is at all possible," Angie added.

Principal Skeeves hummed for a moment and tapped his fingers together, then he exhaled slowly as he opened one of the drawers in his desk and stuck his hand in. "...Alright, just give me some of your time and we can get her started as soon as possible, " he said, rummaging around and eventually pulling out a thick stack of paper.

Marco blinked. "Really? That easy?" He was more than a little surprised, especially since he had imagined things would have gone with a lot more difficulty.

Adjusting his glasses, Principal Skeeves looked flatly at Marco. "Normally, I would say no, but considering these...odd circumstances, I think it would be best to help you as much as I can to ensure your continued enrollment at this school stays possible." He then shrugged. "Plus, you caught me while I was in a good mood. They released a new flavor of ice cream today, and it didn't disappoint." Standing up from his chair and offering his hand to Seraph, Principal Skeeves smiled warmly. "Welcome to Echo Creek Academy!"

Underneath his friendly expression, he gave a deep sigh of relief that, after the surprise enrollment of one Star Butterfly earlier in the year, he had made extra copies of the forms from that incident. Without them, it would have been near impossible to get through all the red tape and governmental bureaucracy for creating a whole new file for a such a 'unique' individual as a student. And who knew how the Diazes would have reacted if he couldn't get the newest member of their family into his school.

Honestly, he couldn't afford to lose Marco Diaz in any way, shape, or form. Echo Creek Academy needed him and his safe-thinking ways to keep up their reputation as the cleanest and safest school in the district-even if he has been slipping on that behalf rather recently, Principal Skeeves thought.

That, and he dreaded seeing the day that Janna Ordonia would stop being distracted by messing with Marco Diaz and try to pull off some of her larger schemes. He almost shuddered imagining the arrival of such a day, but thankfully, he managed to collect himself before any of the Diazes could see it.

And, he thought, I could probably just add her to the Butterfly expenses. Thank goodness they understand why I charge them, unlike some oblivious parents who couldn't understand that, yes, their 'poor, innocent Jeremy' would act that way and that he'd-