Chapter 19 : The Time of Disaster

An orange portal opened onto a stone path carved into a cliffside. Hekapoo and Marco walked out into the cold night air and followed the path up onto the cliff where an ancient temple stood overlooking a calm lake. Marco immediately noticed that the temple had this strange red tint to it. It was the light coming through the crimson stained windows. He didn't know if this held some significance for vampires or just set the mood.

Marco didn't know much about vampires, but he had run into a savage, almost beast like, vampire a while back. It had got itself cornered and trapped in a graveyard then buried alive, or undead as the case may be. When it finally got out, it was crazy, stupid, and savagely hungry. It couldn't plan for a damn or figure out what was a trap or not.

Honestly, Marco got lucky with that one and took care of it quickly.

This was something else though. The temple was filled with every variation of vampire he could imagine and many he didn't have the imagination for. If he ever got back to Earth, Marco was sure that Janna would be jealous of him being here.

Marco took a breath as he stayed close to Hekapoo as they walked amongst them. Before he knew it, Hekapoo took his hand in her's and gave it a good squeeze.

"Brothers. Sisters." A dark haired man in front of an alter spoke, his voice commanding attention and respect without so much as raising his tone. All ceased their conversations and looked toward his tall pale figure.

"I welcome you all, and I know that I speak for myself and my bride in saying thank you for being here. Tonight with the Sacred Blood Moon we will bind one another in an inescapable bond, and in doing so we hope to join all of us together. To gather all the factions and clans together under a single banner." He paused for effect, "Long have we been banished to the darkness, to the recesses of every world, hunted and slaughtered when we should reign supreme. Tonight we take the first step towards our glorious conquest. Together we will be a force like none other. We shall topple the Magical High Commission, Axolotl, The Diamond Kingdom, The Curator of Secrets and his Guardians, the Bringer of Darkness, The Seventh Abyss, and anyone else who's foolish enough to stand in our way."

The crowd cheered, and Marco felt Hekapoo squeeze his hand harder. Concerned, Marco asked, "Are you okay?"

"That guy. He's a vampire from the Land of Shadow and Light, a Vampire Lord."

"And that means?"

"He's super powerful Marco, like dangerously powerful."

0000

As they walked into the school, Marco failed to notice people turning their gazes at his little group.

Many of them had seen Hekapoo's picture from Janna's little business earlier in the year. They all realized she wasn't human just from looking at Seraph, but many still gazed at Hekapoo. Marco wasn't sure why, but it bothered him for some reason. Though he was sort of used to it. They did go out to some places together during his trial, and many people did turn to her then as well. Besides her unique appearance, some parts of her dimension thought of her as a goddess or a legend or just gorgeous.

Hekapoo actually took him to taverns. Often just because some guy would always try and hit on her, and she'd always have Marco knock them out when they refused to leave.