Chapter 25 : Nightmares

Hekapoo was running, dreams flashed around her. It wasn't all that hard to jump to other random dreams once you knew the trick. Everyone's dreams were interconnected by the Dream Eater; it was just taking advantage of that fact. She couldn't do anything until she lost the Dream Eater though.

She couldn't let herself get distracted; she had a mission.

"Hekapoo!"

She skidded to a stop as a familiar voice called out to her. "Marco?"

As she stopped, she found herself in front of the school, and a strange feeling washed over her. "Something is wrong."

"H-Poo, what's wrong?" Marco stood beside her, smiling as he spoke.

"Marco?" Hekapoo looked at him, something was off. She felt strange, as things began to change. Her thoughts became clouded, and her horns faded away as her skin took on a pinkish hue. Then her crown and dress shifted into a headband and short Earth style dress.

"What? What's happe-" Marco black jacket formed over her.

It smelled like Marco and felt so soft.

Marco moved next to her placing an arm around her.

"Marco?"

Marco gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, "Morning, my jacket does look really nice on you."

"Uh, well, yeah everything looks good on me."

"Let's go to class, I don't want Skullnick giving us detention today."

Hekapoo and Marco walked into the classroom as a presence wafted over them.

Hekapoo had been unaffected by the Dream Eater last time they faced it because she didn't sleep, but since then she has developed the habit and didn't think about it. As she ventured further into the dreams of others without any immunity to the lulling effect of the monster, she fell under the same spell as the others. It lulled her into a pleasant dream, which helped her lose the Dream Eater, but now she was just like all the other dreamers.

Hekapoo was trapped in a pleasant dream that she got to spend her days with Marco.

0000

"Huh?" Seraph muttered, she wasn't sure what to expect.

It kinda felt weird.

As she walked into a vast shining palace, "So, is this Star's dream?" Seraph walked through the halls. She hadn't been to Mewni or knew how the castle looked like. She could only assume it was her castle.

As she passed a long diamond hall, she paused and looked at a mirror that hung there. She didn't know what to expect within a dream, but she didn't expect to see herself like how she was. She was a living flame vaguely shaped like herself.

She knew dreams were weird, but is this how they saw her? Is that why she looked like that? Seraph knew she was big with fire and everything but didn't understand why she looked like she was on fire. Did she think this about herself? Like was this how she imagined herself?