Chapter 26 : Wake Me Up Inside

They found themselves standing before the Dream Eater who at the moment looked like Marco.

The Dream Eater had black eyes and a wide grin.

"Why is your daughter on fire?" His voice was a twisted hiss.

"Yeah, why is that?" Marco looked back to Seraph.

"I don't know!" Seraph shouted, she was greatly unnerved by Dream Eater and this was not helping.

"You are such a curious little thing," The Dream Eater spoke using Marco's voice. He looked over the group, "My, my, Marco the things running in their heads. What would your reaction be if you knew what they really think of you?"

"Shut up!" Marco ordered, "Stop talking!"

"Marco, Marco, you begged me to stop some many times for so many things. Did I ever stop once?"

Marco made sure to position himself between the Dream Eater and the others, he couldn't bare to relive those nightmares especially with the real them there.

"Marco," The Dream Eater shook his head, "this is a dream, this is my domain."

Before anyone could react the Dream Eater was standing behind Jackie and Janna. With a swift motion he grabbed them both by the back of their necks.

"What was the last thing I did to them in front of you? Was it crushing them or that thing with the badgers?"

The girls glanced at each other for a moment.

"Let them go!" Marco ordered pulling Seraph away.

Hekapoo materialized her scissors and Star held out her wand.

"I don't think you understand," The Dream Eater's voice boomed, "this is a dream, this is my world, what I say is reality. You exist because I allow you to exist and when I choose you to die you die. I feed off hundreds and will only grow, they give me more and more power, even as I speak I grow stronger." As if by his command towers formed around them and hung over the Ocean, the water turning dark red as the sky turned black.

The docks beneath them broke apart as hands ripped from it grabbing them.

Toffee emerged and grabbed Star by the neck and then twisted her arm forcing her to drop the wand. Hekapoo found two queens grabbing her one with spades on her cheek another one with red rubies on her cheek.

The yarn monster slithered through the cracks beneath them and wrapped around the Jackie keeping her from moving. Spider jumped out from beneath the docks and spun web around Janna cocooning her as Ludo sat on the spider's back dress as a clown and smiling at her.

The Fake Marco vanishing and appeared next Seraph.

Marco was launched into the air something burst out beneath him, he found it hard to breath as from beneath him the Monster Arm slithered out and wrapped around him.

Seraph couldn't react in time as Heinous appeared behind her holding her arms behind her back as Rasticore's arm wrapped his finger around her neck.

The Dream Eater looked closely at Seraph, "You strange little thing," He spun on his heel and turned to Marco, "Marco, I should thank you. My benefactor made this all possible but you are the one who let this all happen. You brought Hekapoo into these dreams, you came into the dream when I couldn't reach you anymore, and bringing her." He motioned to Seraph, he grinned at Hekapoo and Marco, "You trapped me, you left me to die alone. Why? Because I needed to feed."