Chapter 15 : Love Bites

Star and Marco were helping Seraph practice her aiming skills after school.

Marco and Star set up some targets and all Seraph had to do was hit them - it was pretty simple training.

Seraph let a ball of fire form in her hand and hurled it at the target. She missed and the ball flopped onto the ground, with Marco quickly getting the fire extinguisher to put it out.

Seraph whimpered "I missed again."

"Don't worry," Star consoled her, "aiming things is hard and you're trying to keep a ball of fire together at the same time."

"Yeah," Marco agreed. "You've come a long way already. I'm sure if you keep practicing, you'll get it sooner or later."

"Thanks dad." Seraph said softly, unsure if that was true.

"You want to keep trying?" Marco asked. "Or do you want to take a break?"

Before anyone could say another word a red portal formed before them and Hekapoo stepped out. Her hair was a mess, her dress had some tears and she looked ticked off.

"Hekapoo?"

"Mom?"

"Hey," Hekapoo spoke, "Marco, I need you."

"Need!" Star turned red.

"What? Me?" Marco pointed to himself.

"Yeah, I got these pair of hydras attacking the forge. They look like they've gone rabid or something and they want to make the Forge into their nest. Me and my clones have been fighting them and we can only slow them down. We got to cut off their heads but they keep coming." Hekapoo huffed, "I need your help. You cut off their heads and I'll fry the necks so they can't grow back."

Marco pulled out his scissors and quickly transformed them into his sword.

Star spoke up "I'll go too."

"Nope!" Hekapoo held a hand before her. "This is gonna be tricky and we have to move in sync. Me and Marco have some experience there. Besides, your magic isn't gonna be of much help. Hydra skin is resistant to magic. You might be able to knock back a normal hydra a bit, but these two are nuts and alphas, five time bigger than any you got on Mewni. You're more likely to get yourself hurt."

Marco told her "Just stay here, Star. We will be back in seconds."

"Yeah, can we hurry this up?" Hekapoo said impatiently. "I just lost another clone, I'm down to twenty fighting them. They keep snuffing my girls out."

"We'll be right back." Marco told them as he and Hekapoo stepped into the portal.

It quickly closed behind them.

Star started to nibble on her wand. She didn't like the idea of leaving them alone together in Hekapoo's dimension. Considering what went on the last time they were alone together…. Star tried to be reasonable. Time ran faster over there, it shouldn't take them too long. Any second now, any second now they should be back.

Any second.

WHY AREN'T THEY BACK YET?!

Star started to panic. What if something happened? Marco took the scissor, so she couldn't hop over to check.