Chapter 18 : Let's Dance

"And so to help replace all the destroyed sport equipment, we are having A Night Under the Stars Dance/Festival." Principal Skeeves announced over the intercom. "Marco Diaz. Seraph Diaz. Janna Ordiana. I expect the three of you to buy tickets. Lots of tickets."

Marco glared at Janna who just smirked and shrugged.

0000

A few days ago Janna had noted that Seraph was still upset about everything that happened at the wedding. She had decided to cheer up the hybrid.

Janna had known that all of the sports teams wanted to recruit Seraph because of her physical skills, but Seraph wasn't all that interested in joining any team. She'd rather go home and ride Nachos, spar with her dad, or get a visit from her mom.

But she also knew that Seraph loved seeing a good fight. Seraph told her all about all the fights she saw at the Battle Nexus Tournament. So Janna told all the sports teams that there was a way to get Seraph to join them by impressing her.

After school with all the teams gathered at the football field, Janna and Seraph sat on the bleachers.

They had snacks ready when Janna yelled out, "Go!"

The teams charged at each other with makeshift maces and flails made from balls and helmets, and a gladiatorial battle began as each team fought each other for dominance while Seraph and Janna sat watching like Roman Empresses.

None of the teams really hurt each other. They brought all the safety equipment they had. They kinda tired each other out but did end up breaking just about everything.

Seraph was cheered up by it all.

Principal Skeeves found out. His anger was focused on Janna. He was kinda hoping to get Seraph on any of the teams because having a winning team would certainly help the school reputation without him having to do anything.

Still though. Since all the teams went along with it and Janna never openly said they should fight each other just implied it, he couldn't punish her more than a few more detentions.

In any case, it left them with an entire school's worth of damaged sports equipment.

0000

Brittney got up in front of the class, "The Cheer Squad has been spearheading the fundraiser to replace all of the sports equipment. Friday night will be the big event. There will be a dance with a live bad and food stands with food provided by local restaurants. There will be games and actives you can try for a few tickets and prizes. Remember you can buy tickets to get in and use from any of the cheerleaders or at the school store." Brittney glared at Marco.

"What?" Marco yelled.

"Diaz, everyone knows this is a result of your daughter. You have to buy tickets."

"Janna was the one who did everything."

"Just cover me Marco." Janna leaned back in her chair.

"Just do it." Brittney ordered, "We know she's just going to steal your wallet to pay for any ticket we make her buy, so just buy it and cut out the middle man."