Chapter 30 : Missing Pieces

Music was playing in the Diaz household, and its living room was lively.

You showed me your world

And it felt like a sign

But you acted too slow

And you ran out of ti-i-ime ~

And now we'll be just friends

We will be just friends

And now we'll be just friends

Be just friends ~

I didn't mean to hurt you

You didn't have a clue

So you went out and got busy

And found somebody new, new, new ~

And now we'll be just friends

Oh, we will be just friends

And now we'll be just friends

Be just friends ~

Seraph was jumping up and down, excitedly, "I can't believe I won!"

Hekapoo was looking at her daughter, confused. The moment she arrived, she found her daughter in that state and so were Marco and Star.

"Okay, what did you win?" Hekapoo said, pausing the music on Seraph's compact.

"She won!" Star yelled out.

"Context! Please!" Hekapoo insisted.

Marco cleared his throat, "Seraph called into a radio station, she won ten tickets for the concert Love Sentence concert! It's kinda a big deal; the concert has sold out."

"I want to invite everyone!" Seraph couldn't stop jumping up and down. "I want to invite Jackie, Janna, StarFan, Brittney, "She paused and looked at Marco and Star, "You two, of course."

Then she paused at her mother, "You too Mom!"

"Huh?" Hekapoo had only come to visit her and didn't expect that. "Me? Are you sure you don't want to invite another friend? I mean. I don't even think I've ever heard this band before."

"Please, Mom!" Seraph gave her the puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, you know I can't say know when you give me those eyes."

"Yes!" Seraph hugged her.

"Yay!" Star cheered, "I'm gonna get us some snacks to celebrate."

Star walked off to the kitchen and took a deep breath. I had gotten hard for her to be around Hekapoo at times, nothing against her personally. It was just that it was a reminder of the wedge that had formed between her and Marco. Star adored Seraph, which only made it harder. Then there was Marco; it would probably be impossible to hide it from him if he wasn't so busy trying to be a good dad.