Chapter 23 : Family Trip

Janna let herself in into the Diaz household. Since Seraph had moved in, the place had gotten more lively. Nowadays Marco was working with her with school, practicing karate, or improving her sword fighting. Occasionally Marco and Star helped her work on her powers, or Seraph was helping with one of Marco's parents' art projects.

And sometimes Hekapoo would be visiting.

It wasn't a bad change though, everyone was always doing something, so it was odd to find them actually just sitting down and relaxing.

So, Janna was surprised to find Star laying on the couch bored and flipping through the channels on TV.

"Hey!" Janna waved at Star. "You're alone? Where's everyone?"

"Marco's parents are setting something up, an art gallery sculpture thing. Marco and Hekapoo took Seraph to some theme park for a family trip… Uh, to Dizzy Land."

"Dizzy Land?"

"Yeah, something like that. So, I got stuck here bored and alone."

"Hm?" A grin spread across Janna's face, "I have an idea."

0000

They were in line, a very long line.

"Ugh," Hekapoo let out. "I literally have all the time in the world, and I'm half tempted to skip the line and just make a portal into the place."

Marco shot back, "We have to buy park passes, and we'll get fast passes so we can skip the lines inside."

Hekapoo looked past him where an eager Seraph waited. Hekapoo smiled internally; they looked like a family on vacation. Marco had suggested they wear simple breezy outfits since they'd be doing a lot of moving and there would be lots of people.

Seraph came wearing some blue jeans and an orange shirt. She traded her usual boots for a pair of sneakers and around her neck was a camera her grandparents gave her to take pictures.

Marco's outfit didn't change much since he dressed for comfort all the time. He just traded his hoodie for a red and white Hawaiian shirt on top of his gray shirt.

Hekapoo exchanged her high heel boots for flat boots, and her dress for a pair of black jean shorts and a yellow cutout shoulder blouse with a fiery design around the neck line.

Hekapoo was a little unnerved by this place. If she knew her stuff she'd say this place had some magic to it, that the park was actually built on a source of magic and it was being sucked up to heighten the park experience. She shook the thought off. This was a clearly human thing and there weren't any humans with enough knowledge of magic to do anything like that.

Still, she found this place weird. The second they had stepped out of the portal a guard showed up and used a squirt bottle to extinguish her flame. They didn't say anything except telling her not to start a fire while in the park.

"So this place is supposed to be the happiest place on Earth?" Hekapoo questioned looking around.

"Yeah," Marco said excited, "my parents took me here when I was small and I had a blast. " He put an arm around Seraph, "I'm glad I get to share it with you." He smiled at Hekapoo, "With both of you."