Chapter 11 : Crystal Clear

The Diaz household was nice and quiet as it was expected to be at night. Star Butterfly cracked the door open to find Marco fast asleep in bed as he cuddled a plush bunny.

Star had noticed that Marco had become quite a heavy sleeper lately. He'd started to train regularly, usually doing so with Seraph. They would wake up early for a jog with Nachos and the laser puppies. If waking up early was not enough reason for him to sleep he'd kept up with his training at the dojo and special training he did with Seraph to help her control her powers. Honestly, the exercise was doing wonder for Marco he'd certainly gotten fitter and he had built up a fair bit of muscle. He wasn't anywhere near as muscly as he was in Hekapoo realm but Star certainly noticed his chest getting more toned.

At the end of the day when Marco fell to sleep, he was good and out like a light.

Making sure he was asleep Star closed the door and tiptoed her way downstairs. She was on a mission that led her to the kitchen.

To her surprise she found someone in the kitchen eating the cereal she had planned on getting.

Seraph stared at Star with a spoonful of cereal. "Hello, Star."

"Hi! Uh, having cereal?" Star replied.

"Yeah, my dad said I could have a bowl."

She was in her third bowl.

"Yeah, your dad said I could have a bowl too." Star sat down across her and grabbed the box slowly.

Neither girl took their gaze off the other, they each suspected a lie but neither calling the other on it for fear they would be found out.

Star looked at the box of Captain Blanche's Sugar Seed.

The box had all sorts of sticky notes stuck on with all sort of messages from Marco.

'Property of Marco Diaz'

'No Touch!'

'Don't Touch!'

'I will find out!'

'That means you, Star!'

"Seraph, you can only have one bowl a day! Don't overdo it!"

Star grabbed a bowl and served herself a bowl and poured out some milk.

The girls were silent as they ate, neither really sure what to say in the situation.

"So, how're things going with your dad? Everything good?" Star tried to break the silence.

"Yeah, pretty much." Seraph not sure what else to say.

"Yeah, I can't see myself waking up that early to run."

Star was doing her best to do small talk but it was hard. She had never been left alone with Seraph. It's not that Star disliked Seraph, it was just when left alone with her Star couldn't help but be reminded of Hekapoo and Marco's time together and that made her feel weird. It was easy enough when other people around to take her mind off things, but alone together she didn't know how to act.