1

"JAKE SIM GET YO RUSTY DUSTY CRUSTY ASS OUTTA BED RIGHT NOW!" I heard Sunoo scream, immediately waking me up from my peaceful sleep.

"What the heck Sunoo, it's like 2am. Why are you waking me up?" I asked one of my roommates. "And why does it smell like you burnt popcorn? You know we have a no popping popcorn rule in this dorm since the last time you burnt it."

"That's the problem." Jungwon, my other roommate said as he burst into my room. "We didn't burn anything."

"Then what-" I started as Jungwon cut me off. "I think somethings on fire, come one Jake we gotta go!" Jungwon grabbed my arm as the three of us ran out of our dorm room.

Jungwon grabbed one of our keys as we all left through the front door, still in our pajamas. When the door opened we saw where the smell was coming from.

"Our school..." Sunoo said.

Away from our dorm complex, we saw our school building lit in a blazing fire. We heard sirens coming, presumably from fire trucks, as other students started leaving their rooms and running as far away from the fire as possible. Our school, Lux, was burning in a bit of flames.

"What are you three doing? We have to go!" Our friend Haechan said as he ran and we followed. It seemed like all the students were running to the nearby city hall to escape the flames and smoke.

I felt Sunoo let go of one of my hands and heard an awful cough. I stopped Jungwon and I to make sure Sunoo was okay. He was hunched over coughing and struggling to breath from the smoke.

"We are almost there Sunoo." I said as I took his hand again and we entered the city hall along with the rest of the students from our small private school.

"What are we going to do?" "Do we have to leave Lux Academy?" "When will our teachers come?" "Where will we live? What do we do?" The commotion in the building was loud as the three of us sat against a wall and tried to catch our breaths.

*Chough chough* I heard from next to me. The smoke really took a toll on Sunoos lungs as Jungwon and I tried to comfort him.

"Here, I found water." Jungwon said as Sunoo took a sip to try and calm his throat.

"Attention everyone, the principal is on his way here and the firemen are trying to put out the flames. We are all going to stay here until the school staff arrive. If you notice anyone is missing, please tell me so I can inform the fire department." Our class president Mark said. Soon, the room got very quiet. All the scared high school students huddling together and trying to find their friends.

"So we just stay here?" Jungwon asked. "But all of our stuff...."

"It'll be okay Jungwon. As far as I know the flames haven't reached the dorms yet. This is the safest place we can be right now, how about we just try to rest." I said, trying to calm down my two younger roommates.

Both Sunoo and Jungwon nodded as they rested their heads on both of my shoulders. I laid my head back on the wall and tried to sleep.

What are we going to do? What will happen to Lux?

-

Jungwon, Sunoo, and I sat in the back of a car and headed to our new school. I watched the cars speed by us as I thought about the past few days.

The fire was bad, so bad that they had to tear down the school building and start from scratch. Our school was a small private school, so it can't get any government funding to rebuild everything. The dorm rooms didn't get burnt, but they still had to relocate all the students.

They split the students up by dorm room and are sending each group of 3 or 4 to different private schools across the state. No school was big enough to take all of us, but there were enough schools with spare dorms open for everyone to attend.

I held Jungwon and Sunoos hands as we drove through the woods and made our way to our new school.