21

“How could you?” I said to them as Jake gave Niki a worried glance. I couldn’t even feel sorry about disturbing their romantic time, why the fuck would Niki and Jake hide this from me.

“Sunghoon it’s not what it looks like.” He said as he checked his watch. “Shit, 3 minutes.” He said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me upstairs.

Jake yanked me into my room and shut the door. There were slight tears on my face and a betrayed look plastered everywhere.

“Why didn’t you tell me? At the very least you could have rejected me and not led me on.” I said.

“Sunghoon, what are you talking about?” He asked me.

“You and Niki, fucking Niki out of all people. You go and date my best friend after I’ve been showing you that I like you!”

“Please lower your voice, I don't want you mad.”

“Mad? Mad! Are you kidding me!” My voice rose. I could hear the door open downstairs and from the look on Jakes face, he could hear it too.

“Why did you-” I began until I felt his hands grab my face and my mouth was soon met with the touch of his warm lips. He was kissing me.

As mad as I was, I couldn't pull away. I’ve been wanting to kiss him the past few weeks, I cant find it in myself to push him away.

I gently put my hands around his waist as I savored the warm feeling of his lips against mine. We both subconsciously began slowly moving our lips against one another. It was the best feeling in the world. Being this close to him, even though I can clearly smeel his blood, I don’t want to bite him. All I want to do is protect him.

We slowly pulled away and looked at each other.

“Please sit down and don’t say a word, I will explain everything.” He whispered.

From downstairs I heard what sounded like a gasp from someone and heard Niki chuckle. What’s going on down there.

I sat on the edge of my bed as Jake joined me.

“I’m sorry for being distant the past few days.” He said. “I was helping Niki.”

I raised an eyebrow at him as he continued. “Niki asked me to help him ask out Sunoo, we wanted to hide it from everyone else so that's why we were sneaking around. The set up downstairs, I helped Niki plan it to ask out Sunoo.” I explained.

“So, it wasn’t him asking you out?” I asked him as he shook his head at my question. “But what about the looks and winking at each other at lunch?”

“We only did that when Sunoo said something about how much he loves romance.” He laughed. 

A sat there stunned for a second. We went from me liking him, to me thinking he liked Niki, to him kissing me.

“So, you really don’t like him?” 

“No Sunghoon, I have no romantic feelings for him. We are friends and I was just being his wing-man.”

Okay I guess that makes a bit of sense. “Why didn’t you just tell me?” 

“Niki and I were worried that if we told you then Jay would hear and tell Jungwon, and Jungwon might tell Niki. We wanted it to stay a surprise.”

I stayed silent for a few minutes. Jake lightly held my hand and rubbed small circles on it. “I’m sorry for jumping to conclusions.”

“It’s okay Sunhoonie, I should have gone about it better. How about we go downstairs and congratulate the new couple.” He said as I smiled at him as he led me downstairs.

“Jake, look at this! Look at what Niki~ah did for me!” Sunoo cheered once he saw us as he danced around the room. Niki beamed at him as he pulled Sunoo into a hug.

“Is something going on between you two?” I asked as I raised my eyebrow at Niki. He nodded and buried his head into Sunoos neck.

Jake laughed as I put my hands around his waist as we looked at them. They looked happy.

Okay so real talk, I'm having the hardest time deciding which enhypen ship I want to base my next ff of. I have a draft of it but I keep change the ship.

Basically, what ship would you guys want?