15

This chapter contains a lot of call outs to other Kpop idols. They are not necessary characters in the plot, but I thought this would be a fun way to include them. All of the idols I mention will be put at the end of the chapter along with the group they are in :)

When I returned back to class, all I felt was anger. I really need to do something to take my mind off of this. (Not drugs tho, don’t do drugs kids) The problem is, what should I do?

The gym? Ew, I hate working out.

The library? I don’t LOVE reading.

Walk in the woods? Well if I walk alone that's an invitation to thirsty vampires.

Maybe after class ends I can go see the different arts rooms. I’ve heard there is music, art, dance, and even acting! Private schools have it all. I know it may not seem like the coolest thing to do, but I’ve always loved music and dance. I’m not great at art and I’ve never tried acting, but maybe I can meet some people there.

In case you can’t tell, I’m in need of some new friends. Of course I love Jungwon and Sunoo, but I don’t want to depend on them. Everyone needs to branch out sometime, and it’s about time I try.

-

After the last hour of the day finished I informed my friends I wouldn’t be at the dorm and went off.

The first room I stumbled upon was the art room, and to say I’m impressed would be an understatement. The room was massive and filled with art materials that I’d never even heard of. There were different paintings and sculptures everywhere, it was like it’s own art gallery.

I saw a small girl whose back was turned to me, she was painting on a massive canvas. When I tell you this girl was great, I mean she was GREAT!

I’ve never seen someone make realistic art in front of my eyes, but here I was watching this girl.

“It’s amazing.” I said. She let out a surprised squeak as she turned around. She looked at me and was slightly shaking.

“I’m sorry for scaring you.” I told her.

“No, it’s alright. I’m just not used to people coming in here after school.” She laughed as she put down her pain and brushes.

“It really is amazing. I’ve never seen anything like it.” I admired the painting. She was painting the woods, and I swear it looked like a photograph.

“Thank you so much.” She said as she extended her arm for a handshake. “I’m Yeseo, Kang Yeseo.” She smiled.

“Jake, Sim Jake,” We shared smiles and a handshake. “Are you familiar with the arts program?  you could show me around.” I said and she jumped up and down and grabbed my arm, pulling me to a new classroom.

I’ll take her excitement as a yes that she knows the arts programs here. After a few seconds of walking, we stopped in front of a big door and we opened it. It was a massive auditorium.

“This is the acting and drama club.” She said as we walked in, admiring the practicing actors from the side. “That boy on the side is HueningKai, he is very very funny.” I nodded in understanding.

“Oh, and that one there is Winter. She has raw acting talent. And lastly, the king of them all, that’s Hyunjin. He rules the drama club for this school, very nice guy but can out-show anyone.” She explained. She seemed like she was having a lot of fun pointing out new people.

She then pulled me to a room that said ‘Music-Vocal’. “This is the vocal room, the girl with light pink hair is Bora and the boy over there is Jongho. I swear the two of them have four lungs each. The vocal power is insane!” She said and skipped to the Music-Instrumental room.

“That group of boys calls themselves ‘Xdinary Heroes’. It’s sort of a silly name but they have some mad skills. Oh and that guy in the corner in Kanghyun, best guitarist ever.” She giggled.

“But my favorite room in the whole school” She began as she opened a door “is our dance studio.” She ran into the empty room and spun around.

“You dance as well?” I asked her as she smiled.

“I do! That's crazy you do as well, we should totally do a dance right now!” Yeseo cheered. I laughed and thought of a dance we could cover.

“Do you know Pretty U by Seventeen?” I asked her. “Who doesn't! Let’s do it.”

Before long we got into the positions and did a playful dance cover of Pretty U. We were laughing the whole time as we did our move and we couldn’t help but smile at ourselves in the dance room's big mirror.

The song came to an end as Yeseo and I jokingly flopped on the floor.

“That was so fun!” She cheered. “Yeah, it was.” I agreed as I sat up.

When I sat up, I saw two people standing at the door watching our dance. And as luck would have it, it was Sunghoon and Niki. I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore them, but they came into the room.

Yeseo noticed and stood up and bowed to them. “Sorry Niki, I didn’t know you were using the dance room today. We will get out of your face.” She looked scared as she then grabbed my hand and ran out of the room.

Sunghoon and I held eye contact until the last second, and Yeseo ran into a clearing in the hallway.

“I hope he isnt mad.” She muttered.

“Are you okay Yeseo? Why would he be mad, you were just using the room.” I said.

“You haven't been here long enough to know.” She sighed. “Niki is basically in charge of dance at this school. He has become friends with the dance teacher so he can exclusively use the room whenever. He doesn't talk much and I swear he always looks angry. Sometimes he brings his four friends, it's just best to stay away.”

“So he hogs the dancing room?” I asked.

“Yeah, or at least that’s how it's been since I got here. I’ve always been told to leave the second Niki entered the practice room. We all just assume he doesn't want other people practicing in his space.” She laughed.

“Anyways Jake, I should head back to my painting, but it was really nice to meet you. We should hang out sometime.” She said and I smiled and bid my goodbye.

After she walked away, I decided to peek back into the music room.

I saw just the person I was looking for, Sunghoon. I am still mad at him and I still hate him, but for some reason I can’t help but admire the way he dances. It is so graceful, but he can still take on any concept.

I guessed I had been watching for too long, because Sunghoons eyes met with mine in the reflection of the mirror. He stopped dancing and looked at me, I held his gaze for a second and left.

I need to get him off of my mind.

Side character Idols (in order of appearance) 
I tried to use idols from lots of different groups I stan that I thought you guys might know teehee

Yeseo - Kep1er
HueningKai - Tomorrow X Together 
Winter - Aespa
Hyunjin - Stray Kids
Bora - Cherry Bullet
Jongho - Ateez
Xdinary Heroes (Kband)
Kanghyun - Onewe (Kband)
Featuring: Pretty U by Seventeen 

Also, leave some weird assumptions you have of me (the author) in the comments. It can be like how old you think I am, or what animal you think I am like, or really anything lol.

I just love talking to you guys :)