17

As I ran, the addicting scent filled my nose. 

Jake

I’m awful at describing scents, but he smells like clean tree bark and campfire. I have no idea why, but ever since he stepped into our school that is the only thing I can smell.

I ran to the clearing and saw a boy hunched over “JAKE!” Please be okay please be okay please be okay.

He turned his head and gave me a confused look. “Where the hell have you been?” I asked him. “We’ve been worried sick, are you okay?”

He just looked very confused. I walked up to him and touched his arm.

“Jakie, are you okay? I was so scared, please talk to me.” I said as some realization clicked in his face. He turned away as I heard him laughing.

LAUGHING!

What the hell is he laughing for, this isn’t freaking funny. “Jake what….” I started as he turned around completely and shoved something in my face.

“Bunny!”

Jake POV

I couldn’t help but laugh at the situation, a big scary vampire that had been ignoring me was now scared for me and came to find me.

I wiggled the fluffy white bunny in his face. Sunghoon looked SO confused, which made me laugh even more.

“I don’t understand.” He said.

“This must be Jungwons dramatic doing. I just went on a morning walk and found a hurt bunny, I HAD to help him, so that's what I’ve been doing. I couldn’t leave a cute lil fluffy babyyy.” I cooed at my bunny friend.

“You…...were gone for hours….because of a bunny….”

“Yes, yes I was. Why, are you a bunny hater? It seems like you hate everything else anyways.” I said as I turned away with my little floof.

“What do you mean, Jake?” Sunghoon said sadly. 

“Well the past week you've been an absolute asshole to me, so I assume you hate me. In contrast I hate you as well so it's quite entertaining you came here to find me.”

Sunghoon lightly grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him. “I dont hate you, I could never hate you.” He whispered. “This past week has been the longest of my entire life, I had to ignore you and pretend you weren't on my mind all day and all night. It was tourture.”

“But, then why did you ignore me? Why did you and your friends ignore my friends?” I asked as Sunghoon sucked in a breath. He was so close to me I could smell his warm clean scent.

Sunghoon must shower often.

“I didn’t want to, none of us wanted to. Look, we got nervous about being so close to humans, especially you three. We thought it would be better for you to stay away from us.” He looked down sadly.

“Okay that is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. First of all, you guys really hurt me and my friends since we thought we weren't good enough. Second, it should be our decision if you should stay away from us or not. Third, if you aren't with us, what’s stopping other vampires here from eating us!” I yelled. “I bet this was Heeseungs idea.” I muttered.

Sunghoon was about to say something as I cut him off. “Right now I am too frustrated to hear your excuse for causing me and my friends emotional damage. Now if you'll excuse me, Mr.Bun Bun and I are going back to Jungwon and Sunoo so they are no longer worried.

I stormed off carrying my bunny. I walked a few feet into the woods until I turned around. “Uh, which direction to get back?” 

Sunghoon laughed at me. That beautiful laugh, who gave it the right to be so beautiful?!

Jungwon POV

Its been almost an hour since Sunghoon left to find Jake. Heeseung came back about 10 minutes ago hoping to find Sunghoon and discuss where they checked. 

I laid on their couch,  at the ceiling as Jay and Heeseung discussed something in the kitchen. Sunoo was laying his head on Nikis lap in the other room as the older tried to calm down.

I felt more tears fall down my face. Where is Jake? 

It feels like he is the one keeping me and Sunoo sane right now. He holds us together and protects us, I can’t do it without him.

I covered my face with my hands as I sobbed a little harder as my body shook. I need my friend.

I felt warm hands take my hand off of my face. I turned my head and saw Heeseung holding my cold hands and Jay crouched down as he slowly rubbed my hair.

“He is going to find him, Sunghoon won't give up.” Heeseung said as he drew small circles on my hands. I sat up and gestured for both boys to sit on each side of me. Heeseung held my hands still as I rested my head on Jay shoulder.

“Why did you guys leave us.” I asked the two boys. I heard Jay swallow and take a deep breath.

“W-we thought it would be best for you guys.” Heeseung said. “I don’t understand.” I said as I sat up and looked at him. “Why would you want to distance yourself from me? Do you not feel the same way I do when I’m near you two?” 

“Jungwon, that isn’t it. There are just things you don’t know yet.” Jay said as he gently put his hand on my leg.

“But why can’t you tell me?” I asked.

“We will Wonnie, but right now isn't a good time.” Heeseung said. I understood what he meant, but everything still hurt.

Admittedly, I think I have a crush on these two. Sitting between the two of them right now, I feel so comforted. The only thing that could make this better is if Jake was here.

Oh Jake, where are you?

I've started drafting another story and I can't wait to share it with you guys. I'm going to wait until Blood Lust is finished, but the next story will be a lot lighter and funnier teehe