14

Jake POV
The following Friday

It’s been six times since I’d last seen him, since any of my friends saw that group of four.

At first I thought it was just strange that they were gone, but now I’m 100% sure they are avoiding us. They transferred out of all of the classes any of us shared, something changed in them.

Lunch time rolled around as I met my friends in our spot in the hallway. We haven't been able to walk into the cafeteria, worried those four boys would be sitting there and torment us.

“Maybe this is some kind of prank the kids at this school pull.” Sunoo began saying. “A few people volunteer to befriend the new kids, and then ghost them. Making them merely a social reject.”

“Honestly, that theory would make scene. They did leave us high and dry.” Jungwon said in a somber tone.

I brought my legs up to my chest and hugged them, trying to shooth myself. I felt hurt, how could he do this to me? I hate to admit it, but I was falling for the stupid Sunghoon, but now all I can feel is betrayl.

Jungwon and Sunoo put their heads on my shoulders. I could feel that they started making an attachment to the boys in that group as well.

“I miss our old school.” Jungwon said as tears fell down his face. “People there weren't mean. Everyone there was welcomed by a smile, but here people barely even acknowledge your presents.”

“Except when they think they can use you for something. I’ve got invited to so many weird parties, but not by people who actually seem like they want to get to . These people just want to use us for something.” Sunoo said, and I knew what he meant.

Most of these students wanted to take a bite out of us, literally, but for some reason no one has yet to sink their teeth into us. Jungwon and Sunoo still don't know that people here are vampires, I’d like to keep them blissfully ignorant for as long as possible.

I want to tell them, I really do, but I’m scared. For now I hope whatever magical force keeping us from meeting the wrong end of a vampires fang keeps working. 

I don’t think I can protect us.

“I’ll contact our old principal and see if we can change schools. I’m sure he will understand.” I said, trying to lift Sunoo and Jungwons spirits. They just gave me a sad nod in return.

Then we heard the loud class bell ring.

“Meet you guys in our dorm.” Sunoo said as he wiped tears from his face. I understand what he was feeling. Everything hurts inside, not physically but emotionally.

-

I sat in my next class and could barely pay attention. Half way through the class me emotions felt like flooding, and I felt my eyes watering.

My friends and I were played, they just used us.

I walked up to my teacher's desk. “Can I go to the bathroom?” I asked, tears pooling in my eyes.
The teacher nodded as I walked out of the quiet classroom.

I thought about actually going into the bathroom to cry, but when I walked by I heard people talking. No way in hell am I crying in a bathroom filled with people.

I walked around the big school, going down every random hallway until I found a corner blocked off from almost everything. I sat down and let tears fall from my eyes.

It’s not like I liked him, no that would be crazy.

It’s the principle of the matter, the fact that someone befriended me and dropped my a few days later. Am I not a good enough person? I’ve always tried to get people to like me, but maybe I wasn’t trying hard enough.

I heard slow footsteps and looked up.

I was met with those beautiful eyes, Sunghoons eyes. He stood and looked at me with a plain face. He analyzed my tearful face, but slowly turned around and walked away.

What the fuck?

A person (technically a vampire but that's details) that I thought was becoming my friend left me high and dry, AND ignored me when crying.

I hate him.

I hate Park Sunghoon. Who does he think he is?

I cleched my fits as I stood up and wiped my tears. “Sunghoon” I said, and he turned around. Again completely expressionless, and that infuriated me.

I walked my petty ass right up to him until we were centimeters apart. I looked him in the eyes with the rudest scowl I could muster.

I raised my hand as I heard the loud sound of me slapping Park Sunghoon in the face.

He raised his hand to his undoubtedly sore face and looked at me shocked. He didn’t seem mad, but definitely surprised.

“I hate you.” I said as I turned on my heels and marched away.

I am THE Sim Jake, I will NEVER let someone treat me like that. I am worthy enough to be treated correctly.

Drop some of your favorite kpop songs in the comments and I will make a Playlist of them all lol. And let's get some unique ones in there!
Hehe, I love you guys