Part 4

Hecate smiled. It was far too easy to convince the Matron to send her to Durmstrang Institute. When Professor Karkoff had explained that all of the expenses would be covered by a scholarship fund that they had at the school, the woman was more than happy to let her go to the school. Now the man was taking her to the magical district of London.

"We'll get an Inheritance test done at Gringotts then I'll take you to the magical district of Bulgaria. Durmstrang itself is in Sweeden, but a percentage of our students come from Bulgaria, so most of the supplies are available there. We do import some of the supplies, but most can be found in the main part of the district," Karkoff informed her.

Hecate nodded in understanding. "Do you know anything about the wizarding community?" he asked her.

"I do not. I grew up in the normal world, thus I only know that magic exists and that I'm fortunate enough to have it. If you are going to do any explaining, you should start from the beginning."

Karkoff nodded and began explaining about the world which they were a part of. He explained about the war and how her parents died, expecting her to show some sign of emotion at the sad tale. Hecate remained impassive, though.

When they reached the Leaky Cauldron, the man politely greeted Tom, the bartender, before leading Hecate out back. Tapping out a pattern on the bricks with his wand caused the back wall to open up revealing Diagon Alley.

The headmaster led her through the streets, taking her up to a rather crooked marble building. Two short, fierce looking creatures were standing on either side of the door. As the two of them walked into the bank, Hecate nodded to them. It wouldn't hurt her to be nice to the creatures, and with how warlike they looked, they would probably make good allies.

The creatures nodded back to her. Karkoff didn't pay them much attention and one of them glared at him as the walked past. Hecate kept the smirk off her face, but her eyes were dancing with mirth. The professor directed her towards one of the tellers. "This is Hecate Potter. We would like an Inheritance test done, and to access her vaults. Hecate, the goblins are the people who deal with all wizarding currency."

Hearing this, the girl gave a polite smile and a small curtsy to the goblin in front of her. "May gold fill your vaults, sir goblin," she greeted in a kind tone.

The goblin seemed surprised that she would greet him in such a way, but returned the greeting. "And may your enemies blood coat your blade." The words were said with a sharp grin. "So, young Lady Potter, have you the key?"

At this point, Karkoff grimaced, knowing they wouldn't open the vault to her without the key. Hecate slowly shook her head. "I am afraid not, sir goblin. I was never given my key. Would my Inheritance test be proof enough of my identity that you could open the vault for me?" The man with her fully expected the goblin to reject the idea, but he just grinned wider.

"My name is Warblade, Lady Potter, and you are the first to realize that the keys are just proof of identity. Congratulations. I will take you to the Head Goblin of this branch and he will complete your Inheritance test for you." The goblin, now known as Warblade, climbed down from the teller stand and led them through the bank to an office.

Knocking on the door, he waited for the call to enter before opening the door. "Sir, I have brought Hecate Potter for an Inheritance test. Igor Karkoff is with her," Warblade announced. Hecate took careful note of the fact that the goblin escorting them didn't mention the Head Goblin's name.

"Let them in," the Head Goblin replied. "I would like to meet the savior of the wizarding world for myself. After all, we stand with the ones who will win." Hecate grinned and Karkoff felt a chill go down his spine. The two of them entered the room to find a goblin sitting behind a desk. "You must be Hecate Potter, the so called 'Chosen One'."

With another small curtsy, the orphan greeted the goblin. "May your enemies fall to their knees before you, Head Goblin. I know not of being chosen for anything, but I will take on anything that gets in the way of my goals."Warblade closed the door behind them and stood guard by it.

"May your gold overflow, Miss. Potter. Now, for your Inheritance test. I need you to prick your finger with this silver dagger and allow three drops of blood to fall on this piece of parchment. First, Mr. Karkoff, I ask that you leave the room for this. If after this, Miss. Potter wishes to share her results with you, that is up to her, but until we know what the results are, we will not allow anyone who is not family to view the paper."

Karkoff glanced at the girl, but found her to have the mask of a Pureblood lady on her face. "You may go, Professor. It is not in their interests to harm me. If they were to do so, we don't know how my magic would react. Also, they stand much to gain if the test holds what they seem to expect it to."

The 'former' dark wizard sighed but left the room, Warblade following him out. "Head Goblin, let us get on with this. Karkoff seems anxious around warriors who fought for the light side in the last war."

The goblin let out a chuckle. "You are a lot more perceptive than you allow people to see. Is there a reason for that, Miss. Potter?"

Hecate smiled faintly. "We all wear many masks, Head Goblin, each for one reason or another. It would be foolish of me to reveal the reasons behind my masks without knowing anything about you other than that you are a goblin, and a fairly powerful one at that."

"You may call me Goldenaxe."