Part 9

As the wandmaker set down the boxes of materials, Hecate felt her magic move inside her. "You will choose your wood, liquid core, and your solid core. Just let your magic reach out and draw you to the materials for your wand."

The young witch poured out her magic, and it flowed eagerly towards the boxes. Instead of it selecting the materials one by one, it picked them all up and brought them to hover in front of Hecate's face. Both Reninter and Karkoff took a step back at the display of power.

The men quickly shook off their shock and the winemaker rushed forward to collect the items. "You have multiple woods. How bizarre. Hazel, good for dueling, Yew, practical for charms and hexes, and Ash, great for the Dark Arts. Liquid cores, thestral blood, speaks of death, phoenix tears that speak of healing, and unicorn blood, telling of purity. Lastly, the solid cores, dragon heartstrings from the dead queen of the Hungarian Horntails announcing power, a thunderbird tail feather proclaiming an affinity towards elements, and a chain forged of the best metals the Goblins have access too, showing that you will create many powerful alliances."

"How long will it take you to make my wand?" The girl asked, ever straight to the point. Temmino once again flinched away from her, this time due to her cold tone.

"Two hours. I will need a few drops of your blood too stabilize it, though," the wandmaker quickly replied. Hecate raised an eyebrow at the man.

"Why would you need my blood to stabilize it? If my magic picked out these materials for my wand, then wouldn't they be compatible?"

Temmino froze at her question. "Umm..."

"I thought so. Just make the wand. I'll pay when I return." With those words, Hecate dramatically exited the store.

Karkoff sighed. "What do you think I have gotten myself into, Temmino? She hasn't even been taught our customs yet."

The wandmaker chuckled. "She will make quite the wake when she comes of age. Or before then, given how famous she is."

"Well, I suppose I shouldn't let "The-Girl-Who-Lived" wander around Knockturn by herself. I'll be back!" Karkoff called over his shoulder as he left the small building.

The Headmaster glanced around for Hecate and found her entering a nearby second-hand book store. The man muttered under his breath about her having enough money to buy new books before he followed her in.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Igor Karkoff, the traitor."