Part 17

Quick AN- Hecate is going to be pretty OP for a ten-year-old that has had all of like, one summer of training. It will all make sense at a later date.

When the rest of the first years entered the Combat Training room, Hecate had already changed into training clothes that her new parents had provided. She slashed at a training dummy that she had materialized out of magic with one of her two swords. However, their instructor was nowhere to be found.

Ivet and Ivalio approached their enraged heiress. "Heiress Potter-Volkov, I don't suppose you happen to know where our Combat Training instructor is?" the twins inquired in sync.

Hecate huffed as she struck the dummy again. "They're late. How disappointing." The girl raised her voice to a level that everyone else could hear. "Until the teacher arrives, I want everyone to get into pairs. We will start with an assessment of your hand-to-hand combat skills. If the instructor is still not here when we get finished, we will work on proper form."

Hecate frowned as they just stared at her blankly. "Now!" she snapped at the group. They slowly moved into pairs as the three acquaintances walked around the room. As soon as everyone was paired up, the heiress spoke. "Fight!"

The pairs jolted into action, sloppily throwing punches at their opponents. Hecate glanced at Ivet and Ivalio who didn't seem to notice anything amiss with their fighting.

"Elista twins, fight each other. You need to be assessed as well." The two paled. "Well? We haven't all day."

They slowly moved to stand across from each other. As Hecate glared at them, they began to fight. They were slightly better than the rest, but not by much. The Heiress frowned once more.

"They have far to come," a voice said.

Without missing a beat, the girl replied. "They do. It is absurd that they are so far behind." The brunette glanced back.

Behind her stood Professor Haugen. He chuckled. "You say that as though you can fight much better than they can."

"I can."

"Are you willing to test that theory?"

Hecate grinned. "I am"