Part 13

If the awed silence around her was proof of anything, it was obvious the other children her age couldn't belive their eyes. "Miss. Potter-Volkov, if you would continue back to the Main Hall, the others will join in a minute." The smirk remained on Hecate's face as she exited the room. It was plain to see that she had won. No one else had even made it halfway.

The heiress proudly traipsed back into the Main Hall, and took the seat at the head of the first year's table. At first the other first years seemed to have a problem with it, but as the others slowly trickled in, they came to the realization that something major had happened when she had gone the course.

Eventually, everyone else had returned to the Main Hall. Professor Haugen walked up to Headmaster Karkoff and whispered the results in his ear. "First year students, your representative for your time here at the school will be Hecate Potter-Volkov. Representatives, as usual, we will have a meeting between you all after the feast. So, without further ado, enjoy the feast!"

The children dug into the feast, with some completely foregoing proper decorum in favor of shoveling food into their mouths. It seemed to Hecate that the blink of an eye later, the feast was over. Then Karkoff began to speak once more. "Third years, pair with a first year. They will be your responsibility throughout the year. If they are late to classes because they got lost, that will be pinned on you. If they are found somewhere they are not supposed to be, that will be pinned on you. Understood?"

There was an echoing chorus of "understood" from the fourth year's table. All of the other students filed out of the room. Well, all of the students except for the representatives of each year. "Representatives, come, let us talk." The other representatives walked towards the front of the room, and Hecate followed suit. "First, introduce yourselves to Miss. Potter-Volkov."

The six other students turned to her. "I am Lokial Varniski, second year."

"Viktor Krum, third year."

"Pietro Sidorov, fourth year."

"Anastasia Fedorova, fifth year."

"Aleksander Ivanov, sixth year."

"Selena Popov, seventh year."

"Ekaterina Romanova, eighth year."

The brunette gave the group a small curtsy. "Hecate Potter-Volkov. It is a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to getting to know each of you."

Ekaterina smiled at the younger girl. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well, Heir Potter-Volkov." The others nodded in agreement with her words. "Now, Headmaster, what do we have to discuss in preparation for this school year?"