Part 6

The cleansing process to get rid of blocks was a surprisingly simple and painless process. A curse breaker (because apparently blocks were a type of curse) came in and broke the blocks that were on her core. Said curse breaker was one William "Bill" Weasley.

At first, Hecate was unwilling to trust him seeing as his mother and two of his siblings were being paid to manipulate her, but Warblade explained that he was could in fact be trusted. Bill had been a curse breaker with Gringotts for a few years and had quickly risen through the ranks of the curse breaking wizards employed by the Goblin Nation.

Thus, she was convinced to allow the man to break the blocks on her core. She could tell when they were all off. She felt much lighter. "Thank you, Curse Breaker Weasley. The blocks were keeping me from reaching my full potential. Warblade, how much would he get paid for this procedure?" Hecate inquired.

"50 Galleons," came the reply.

"Double it," Hecate commanded. "He has greatly helped the Lady of House Potter as well as the Heir to the Black fortunes." Weasley seemed shocked at her proclamation. "I may have to call on you again sometime, Heir Weasley. It would be unfortunate if you weren't an ally of mine. Your mother might be the current ruler of your family, but you are the future. Keep that in mind."

With those words, Hecate left the room and went back to Goldenaxe's office. "Head Goblin, Professor Karkoff, the blocks have all been removed. Now, on to the next order of business, my magical guardian needs to be changed."

Karkoff looked at her impassively. "I may have a couple that would be willing to take you in as their ward. The Volkov family is well known at Durmstrang and through Russia, Bulgaria, and Poland. Unfortunately, they have been unable to have kids as of yet, though they would much like one."

"Would you contact them and see if they would be willing to take me in?" Hecate asked, nodding at his words. Karkoff left the room to contact the Volkov family. "Now, let us talk, Goldenaxe."

Goldenaxe nodded. "You will need your Heirship and Ladyship rings. They will count as your signet, and thus if you use them to seal your letters, people will know that it is official business. Before we do this, though, we need to test if you are fit to be Lady Ambroaz. If you would follow me..."

The goblin stood and led her through a door behind his desk. They walked down a few winding corridors before they reached another door. "In here, you will be tested to see if you are to truly be the next Lady of the Merlin line. The last head of family that Merlin's line had was nearly a hundred years ago. Good luck, Lady Potter. I do hope that you succeed."

With those words, Goldenaxe opened the door and stepped back. Hecate glanced back, but he motioned for her to continue. As soon as she was through the door, it slammed closed, making a locking sound. The girl grimaced. It was clear that she would have to do this by herself.

There was a light in front of her and she walked forward, puzzled. The witch stopped before she reached the light, though, knowing that it could be a trap. She sent out a few tendrils of magic out to test for traps. When she got inconclusive results, she sent out a bit more magic.

And then a bit more. Hecate knew good and well that her magic wouldn't bring her inconclusive results unless there was something, but nothing at the same time. She figured it was some type of trap that didn't feel like a trap. That meant that something was out there. She cast a few protective charms, that she had figured out, on herself and continued forward.

As the young witch got closer to the light, it got brighter. That wasn't all that surprising, but it was interesting all the same. "Alexander the Great was mighty in many a battle, before he met his match," a disembodied voice said.

"As were a great many others, King Arthur was one of them. Attila the Hun another. And yet, they were all susceptible to death. Some welcomed it, knowing that it was their time, others fought until their last breath and even after. Many greats have been forgotten in their passing," Hecate replied.

"You act as if all of them were worthy of admiration. But most of them weren't exactly good people."

Hecate smirked. "What's to say that I am a good person? There is so much that I could do with the power that I hold. I could completely change the wizarding world with just one of my seats. I have practically a dozen. It all a question of weather I take it in a good direction or not."