Warm Welcome

Disclaimer: As I've said before and will continue to say, well, more like type, but you get the point, I do not own the rights to RWBY or the Flash.

A/n: After emotionally preparing myself for three weeks of exams I have yet to finish, I'm back :)

Third-Person Pov:

It's a new day in Vale. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the wind is blowing, the Flash is patrolling the streets, and several Atlesian warships are flying through the sky. Meanwhile, in his office, Ozpin is standing alongside Professor Goodwitch. The two watch several more airships fly into the academy's airspace.

"General Ironwood certainly loves to bring his work wherever he goes," Goodwitch remarks.

"Well, running an academy and a military would undoubtedly make one busy." Ozpin sees more ships come in, "But I will admit, those ships are a bit of an eyesore."

A chirping noise starts emitting from Ozpin's desk while displaying a message saying, "Acess Requested."

Ozpin makes his way to his desk and presses a button, and the elevator doors open to reveal General James Ironwood. "Ozpin," Ironwood warmly says as he walks out of the elevator.

"Hello, General," Ozpin says, standing at attention.

"Please drop the formalities," Ironwood says, walking over to Ozpin, who meets him halfway, and the two shake hands in the middle of the office.

"It's been too long, old friend," Ironwood says to Ozpin. The general looks in the direction of Professor Goodwitch, "And Glynda, it has certainly been too long since we last met."

"Oh, James," Professor Goodwitch says with a friendly wave before dropping all pleasantries. "I'll be outside," she says while turning to face Ozpin before leaving the room.

"Well, she hasn't changed a bit," Ironwood remarks.

Ozpin walks over to his desk, which has a teapot and two mugs placed on it, each marked with Beacon's emblem. Ozpin begins pouring a drink for Ironwood, "So what brings you all the way down from Atlas?" He asks. "After all, Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival," he states before handing the mug to Ironwood. The mug emits a soft clink when it comes into contact with Ironwood's hand.

"Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year," Ironwood says before grabbing a circular flask from his coat and pouring some of its contents into the mug. "Besides, with you hosting this year's festival, I thought it would be a good opportunity for us to catch up."

Ozpin sits down in his chair and begins pouring himself a drink, "James, I can appreciate quality time between friends. But, the small fleet outside my window tells me this isn't a personal visit, and that raises concern."

"Concern is what brought them here," Ironwood plainly says.

"I understand that travel between kingdoms is growing... Difficult."

"Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men."

Ozpin takes a sip from his drink, "Yes, I know. But that doesn't change that we are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this will give off the wrong impression."

"If what Qrow said is true-"

"We will handle it tactfully," Ozpin says while pointing an index finger at Ironwood. "It's the Vytal Festival, James, a time to celebrate peace and unity. So I suggest you not scare people by transporting hundreds of armed soldiers halfway across the continent."

"I'm just being cautious. One of us has to be with what's going on."

"So am I. Which is why we are training the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can."