Initiation

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Please don't sue me. I have no money.

Y/n Pov:

"Now, onto the first match," once Professor Ozpin finishes speaking, one of the arena's screens starts spinning like a slot machine with pictures of students. A 'normal' person would have seen the passing faces as nothing more than a blur, but I could see their faces pass by one after the other, from an energetic girl with gray eyes to a blond guy that looks scared for his life, and just about everything in between. The screen finally stops on some guy wearing armor. "Cardin Winchester, step into the arena." A short while later, Winchester is in the arena with me.

"So you're Cardin, I'm Carmine, nice ta meetcha," I say, extending my hand.

"Whatever, weakling," he says dismissively. 'How rude. I only said hello.'

"Are the combatants ready?" asks Professor Ozpin.

"Ready," I say, taking my weapons out of their holsters.

Winchester puts his mace on his shoulder, "Ready."

Ozpin looks between the two of us, "3, 2, 1. Begin."

Thirdperson Pov:

Once Ozpin finished counting down, Cardin ran at Y/n and swung his mace. "Oh, too slow." Y/n taunts, dodging at the last second. Cardin swings his mace again, only for the attack to get parried instantly. "Come on, what's the matter? You got performance anxiety or something because I'm positive that mace of yours is compensating for something" Cardin didn't bother answering and swung his mace yet again.

"Shut up, you son of a bitch!" *BANG* A gunshot rings throughout the arena, the bullet lodged in Cardin's breastplate.

"That was a warning shot, Winchester," Y/n says in a cold voice that unnerves everyone in the room. "And this," Y/n's gun shifts back into a sword, "is the main event," Y/n says, lunging at Cardin and slashing him across the face. Cardin responds by trying to bring his mace down onto Y/n, but that quickly proves to be a worse mistake than wearing a clown costume in Gotham. Y/n disarms Cardin and slashes his side at breakneck speeds, bringing his aura into the yellow. Cardin tries to punch Y/n, but Y/n dodges and retaliates with another sword slash. "Come on, Winchester, where's all that bravado? Did it go looking for cigarettes like your old man?"

"Shut up," Cardin yells, throwing another punch at Y/n. In a fluid motion, Y/n sheathes one of his swords and brings his hand up just in time to intercept Cardin's fist.

"Gotcha," is all Y/n says before shifting his other sword into its gun mode and emptying the chamber into Cardin's abdomen, the last shot shattering Cardin's aura. Ozpin calls the match, "Cardin Winchester has run out of aura, the victor, Carmine Infantino," the screen with Cardin's face turns red, while the one with Y/n's turns green. "And for our next match," Ozpin continues, the randomizer already selecting an opponent, this time a girl with red hair and green eyes wearing Spartan-like armor. "Pyrrha Nikos, prepare for combat."

*Ten Minutes Later*

Y/n Pov:

I pretend not to notice the students' pitying stares, Pyrrha Nikos, 'The Invincible Girl,' graduated top of her class at Sanctum. Four-time champion of the Mistral Region Tournament, a new record, and last but not least, she's one of the people Ozpin wants me to keep out of trouble. Yeah, it's gonna be a tough match, but hey, I've fought Deathstroke by myself and lived to tell the tale. I hear the clicking of heels and turn to see her entering the arena. "Hello, Pyrrha. I'm Carmine. Nice to meetcha," I put my hand out, and she shakes it, unlike Mr. Short Temper. "Well, I can tell you're a nicer person than the guy I wrecked ten minutes ago."