Trouble with Cardin

Disclaimer: I still don't have the rights to RWBY or The Flash. I couldn't come up with a funny disclaimer this time. *Broods in random corner*

A/n: Back to the canon events.

Y/n Pov:

Nine weeks since I arrived on Remnant. Nine weeks since I got my ass kicked to hell and back. And nine weeks with hardly any progress on getting back, at least my connection to the speedforce is getting closer to what it was, not by a lot, but at least it's something. Ugh, sometimes I wish I was an ordinary kid again, no serious responsibilities, no hiding who I am, no near-death experiences, and no... No dead parents. But hey, I've gotten close to teams RWBY and JNPR like Oz wanted. Well, mostly just JNPR, Ruby, and Yang. But right now, I'm in Professor Goodwitch's class, watching Jaune lose against Cardin again. 'Okay, Jaune, how are you still this bad at fighting? It's been weeks. You should have learned something by now.' A metallic clang gets my attention. I put my head in my hands, 'And now you've lost your shield. I know Ozpin said your transcripts are fake, but I didn't think they were this fake.'

"This is the part where you lose." I groan, 'Wow, way to sound like a cliche bully.'

"Over my dead-!" Cardin cuts Jaune off by kneeing his gut, making him drop his weapon. 'Ouch. Wait, what is he doing? Can't he see he already won?" Just as I'm about to speed over to save Jaune, Goodwitch stops the match.

"Mister Winchester, that's enough," She says while walking up to the rest of the class and taking out a large scroll before speaking. "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's aura has entered the red. In a tournament-style dual, this would indicate Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that an official may end the match," she turns to look at him. "Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Assessing your aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack or when it is better to move to a more," she pauses, "defensive strategy. You wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would you?"

She turns to face the class again, "Remember, students, the Vytal Festival is only a couple of months away! It won't be long before students from the other academies start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those of you who decide to fight in the tournament will be representing all of Vale!"

*Time skip*

Nora starts telling us a story about a dream she had, "So, there we were, in the middle of the night..."

"It was day," Ren corrects.

"We were surrounded by Ursa..."

"They were Beowolves," he says, taking a sip from what smells like tea.

Nora jumps onto the table, "There were dozens of them."

"Two of them."

"But they were no match... And in the end, we made a boatload of lien selling Ursa skin rugs!"

"She's been having this recurring dream for over a month."

"I thought you couldn't skin Grimm."

Pyrrha looks at her leader. "Jaune, are you alright?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Why?" He says.

Ruby gently tries to tell him what she thinks, "It's just that you seem a little," she pauses, "not okay."

"She's trying to say you look like crap Jaune."

I hear jeering from behind me, and it's, 'Oh, you've got to be kidding me. I swear if those jackasses don't leave that girl alone, I'm sending them to the infirmary.'