Catharsis

Disclaimer: After consulting with my imaginary lawyer, I have decided to inform you that I hold no claim over the rights to RWBY and any associated properties, nor to the Flash and related properties.

Third-Person Pov:

Once the elevator doors open, Y/n continues on his way out of the CCT tower. Briskly navigating his way through the crowded courtyard without walking into anyone. He has no particular destination in mind, only somewhere where he can focus on something other than the conversation he just had. Eventually, Y/n finds himself in one of Beacon's training rooms. He walks up to a punching bag and shrugs off his jacket before the sound of his fists striking the bag is heard throughout the empty room. As he punches the bag, Y/n begins to picture the Reverse-Flash. As a result, his punches quickly begin to pick up in speed and ferocity, causing the bag to start rocking back and forth from the force and frequency of his strikes. The chain suspending the bag in the air begins to creak before one of Y/n's punches causes the bag to tear horizontally and spill sand onto the floor.

Y/n lets out a dry laugh as he stares at the torn bag, "Well, that's terrific." Y/n facepalms before he looks around for cameras. "I better clean this up," he says before disappearing in a flash of light. The sand and remains of the bag following suit after a few seconds. "And done," Y/n says after brushing sand off his shoulders. "Now, what else can I do to blow off steam without breaking something I can't afford to replace." Y/n looks around the room and spots a big fat nothing. "Great," Y/n says in a monotone voice.

"Attention, station 7. We have reports of a blaze on 1940 Gardner Avenue."

"Be careful what you wish for, Garrick," Y/n tiredly says before speeding away to deal with the fire.

Y/n Pov:

I suit up and race over to the fire dodging cars, people, and lamposts along the way. On the way, I spot a mugging and have a brilliant idea pop into my head. After I get the victim out of harm's way. I tie the mugger's shoelaces together, take the bullets out of their gun, turn on the safety, and use a marker to draw a pair of round glasses, a cartoon mustache, a message that says 'insert brain here' along with dotted lines along his forehead. Then, with my masterpiece complete, I start my journey back to the fire and pick up the pace.

Once I get to the fire, and somehow that's putting it mildly. It's a raging inferno with thick billowing smoke pouring out the windows. Even from two dozen feet away, I can feel the intensity of the flames. Well, now's no time to worry. I charge into the building, and dear god, the smoke... It's burning my lungs, and I can barely see anything because of how thick it is. "Is anyone in here!?" Once I say the words, I start coughing like I just smoked a whole pack of cigars in one go. 'I'll phase the smoke out of my lungs on the trips in and out of the building like I always do. That should keep me from passing out from smoke inhalation, even with how much of the stuff is here right now.'

"We're in here!" And that's all I need to hear. I race over to where I heard the voice come from and see a woman holding onto a child. I grab the two and race them outside before charging back into the building, searching for more and more people alongside the firefighters. Finally, after a few minutes, there's a decent amount of people out by the fire engines. I look at the building and see the flames are finally gone. I look back at the people. 'Between me and the firefighters rescuing people, that should be everyone accounted for.'

"Dawn! Stanley!" I hear a woman in the crowd shout. "Where are my babies!?"

'I just had to jinx it.' I charge back into the building. I search up and down the building and turn over anything that's not bolted to the ground. After a minute, I reach a room with the name Stanley written on the door. 'Found you, kid... I hope.' I phase through the door. Once I get past the door, I hear nothing. I look around the room, but I don't see the kids. I check under the bed and find them there. The sister is holding onto her brother protectively. I tap my knuckles on the side of the frame. The sister moves her head and looks me in the eyes.