Paint it Red

A/n: Alas, after months of burnout and procrastination, I have returned with a new chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't own the rights to the Flash, nor do I own the rights to RWBY. So please, for the love of God, don't sue me.

Y/n Pov:

I look up at the clock on the wall, watching in silence as the seconds crawl by, bit by bit. 'Come on, just one more minute. I can't take any more of Port's lectures right now. Not with Zoom and Thawne out and about.'

I look down at the desks below me and see Jaune talking to Weiss. He's probably asking her on another date she won't agree to go on. 'She's not interested in you, Jaune. And at this point, I'm surprised she hasn't stabbed you. I mean, I know that persistence is a good thing in life. But when someone says no in a situation like this, it means no, not try harder.'

The bell rings, and I can finally get the hell out of here and go on patrol. I briefly hear Jaune say something that Weiss responds to with a series of no's and one yes. I walk out of the classroom. I can't afford to waste any time. Zoom and Thawne are working together, and they managed to track me here. And going by what King Shark said, Thawne might open more breaches and bring over anyone who wants a shot at The Flash. And I can't forget that Fall and her cronies are here too, or that RWBY is investigating the White Fang. I start scratching my chin. 'Maybe I should shadow them for the next few days and make sure they don't get killed. After all, I promised Ozpin I would get them out of any trouble they get roped into.'

Third-Person Pov:

"Does Y/n seem... off to any of you?" Yang asks once she and the rest of Team RWBY arrive at their dorm.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asks.

"He has been acting strange over the past few days. Like he's waiting for something bad to happen," Blake says.

"Do you think he's like that because he knows what we're planning?" Ruby asks in a whisper.

"Maybe, or it could be something else he hasn't told us about," Weiss says at a normal volume. "After all, he isn't very open about his past. Even when he decides to talk about it."

"Maybe we can talk to him tomorrow about what's bugging him?" Ruby suggests.

"I don't think this is something that can be resolved in a few days, Ruby. Whatever Y/n is going through likely has to do with something very personal," Blake says.

"I get that, but you guys said it yourselves. Y/n isn't himself right now. So that means it's our job as his friends to help him out," Ruby exclaims.

Weiss lets out a breath. "Even if we did disagree with you, you'd still go off on your own to help him."

"Then it's settled. After we finish investigating the White Fang's plans, we help Y/n get out of his funk!" Yangs says.

Some time and a change of clothes later, Team RWBY is ready for action.

"Alright, guys, today's the day," Ruby says in excitement before jumping off her bed and narrowly missing Weiss as she lands.

"I'm glad to see we're taking this seriously," Weiss sarcastically remarks.

"Hey, we've got a plan," Yang pauses, "That's pretty serious," she says while examining her gauntlets.

"Right," Ruby says. "Now, do we all remember our roles?"

"Of course," Weiss says, "You and I will be heading to the CCT to check the Schnee records for dust robberies and any other inconsistencies." Weiss puts a hand near her collarbone, "And seeing how I'm set to inherit the company, it shouldn't be too much of a problem."