Chapter 35

Warning: This chapter contains mature themes that may not be suitable for young readers. Read at your own risk!

Love

We arrived at New York around ten PM. Nagtagal sa airport ng mga kalahating oras bago may sumundo sa aming van para ihatid kami sa isang sikat na hotel na tutuluyan kung saan nagpa-reserve na sila Tita.

Magkasama sila Tito at Tita sa isang deluxe room habang may tag-sariling kwarto naman kami ni Selene. Gusto ko siyang kasama sa kwarto but of course, mas maigi na itong magkahiwalay kami.

Hindi na sila masyadong nagsasalita na tatlo simula noong lumapag ang eroplano sa New York. The atmosphere turned gloomy and sad. And I couldn't do anything but understand.

Hinatid ko si Selene sa kwarto niya. Hila-hila ko ang mga maleta namin. She swiped her card to unlock the door of her room.

Ngumiti siya sa akin pero katulad kaninang madaling araw sa Monterro Airport ay may lungkot na ulit sa mga ngiti niya.

Pumasok kami sa loob ng room niya. The room is really spacious and pretty. She tiredly went to her king sized bed and sat there.

Sinundan ko siya at tinabihan. Tinitigan ko lang siya habang marahan niya namang pinaglalaruan ang kanyang mga daliri.

I placed my hand on her back and rubbed it gently. I don't want her sad but I know that I can't do anything about her right now.

"Sel... I know that Ayesha wouldn't like seeing you like this." I continue on caressing her back because I felt like if I stop then she'll just broke down and cry.

Kinagat niya ang kanyang labi at yumuko pa lalo. Huminga ako ng malalim at napalunok. Gusto kong umiwas ng tingin dahil pakiramdam ko ay iiyak na siya anytime at ayokong makita 'yon pero at the same time ay ayokong mawaglit man lang ng tingin sa kanya dahil pakiramdam ko ay mawawala siya sa isang iglap lang.

"I just... I just hoped I could've s-saved her..." Her voice shattered and trembled.

My lips parted in nervousness as her shoulders starts to shake. I gasped lowly and didn't know what to do. I don't if I should hug and comfort her or just let her cry her heart out and stay by her side.

"She was too young, Blair..." Iling niya pa na parang hanggang ngayon ay sobrang sakit pa rin ng nararamdaman niya. Her tears fall from her eyes down to her cheeks.

"Sel..." I could only call her name. I couldn't do anything. I wish I could take away the pain, her pain, but I know that there's no way in hell that I could.

"She doesn't deserve this. She was kind and lovely, Blair... she is the best sister that anyone could have. Why did this need to happen? B-Bakit siya pa? Of all people, why does she need to s-suffer like that?" She cried harder as she tried to make her voice hard and full but her voice keeps stuttering.

Why do people need to suffer for something that they didn't intend to happen? Why do we need to get hurt for something that is so lovely? And why do we always hurt people even if we don't mean to?

"Ayesha is one of the nicest person I've met, Sel... for sure, He has a reason why did He took her away that soon. I don't know why but... I'm sure that Ayesha will always be in our heart. And we will always be in hers. You will always be in her heart, Sel. And she will always be guiding us towards what we really deserve and that is to be happy." I smiled wholeheartedly at her and kissed her on the side of her forehead.

Selene cried harder and shooked her head multiple times. She didn't even try to wipe her tears and she just let her tears and suffering fall.

"And I broke my promise... I broke it..." Selene cried and held my hand tight before hugging me.