Epilogue

This is the epilogue of this story. This is by far the longest chapter I've ever written. I want to make this as short as possible, and this is the shortest one I've managed to write. I hope you appreciate Selene's point of view. I have plans to revise this story—heavily on the earlier chapters—so I hope no one will be surprised if this just randomly goes out of my works. I also hope you check out the third installment of the When Series, it's called 'When Will She Try?'. It's already posted on my profile. Thank you.

Happy Pride Month! May we all celebrate love, especially if it's one that lasts a lifetime.

Selene Xeian Servilla

I've liked her since time immemorial. It's probably a like at first sight. Maybe it was such a magical meeting that I immediately got interested, as if the whole world stopped right at me when I saw her.

Or maybe it's love at first sight. Not just like. Maybe I tend to just refrain from thinking that it was love because... I was still too young.

I don't know, but at that right moment, when I saw her at the park, I knew... I knew I felt something different.

Something... that could last a lifetime.

"Selene, you could visit your Tita Jacqueline's family first. She told me they were at the park right now. Sasamahan ka ni Ramona at ng mga bodyguards." Mommy smiled at me.

She's talking about Kriza's mother, Tita Ramona, the head of household in this mansion of ours. And the Tita Jacqueline that she's referring to is... I'm not too sure, kaka-migrate lang namin dito mula sa States one week ago.

I smiled back at my beautiful and elegant mother. "Okay, Mommy!"

"I want to visit them too, Mom!" Sabi ng aking kapatid na si Ayesha.

Nawala ang ngiti ko dahil alam kong hindi siya pwedeng sumama sa akin. She can't. She's sick; she needs to always be on bedrest, or at least, she needs to just always be here in the house so a lot of people can always check up on her.

Mommy's smile faded too. She turned her head toward my excited little sister. After a few seconds, she sighed heavily and walked toward Yesha. Then she kneeled to catch my sister's level and touch Ayesha's cheek and rub her thumb on it softly.

"You can't, Yesha. Your doctor will come by later here to check up on you," Mommy explained. I just sadly looked at them.

Ayesha blinked fast, and in just a blink, her excited eyes turned unhappy. My sister is a smart kid. She knew her condition—that she can't always be outside, that her health is not that good—so she couldn't do all the things that a normal kid could do.

"Do you understand, Yesha? This is for your best too. Don't worry, soon you will be able to go out too like your Ate Selene." Alo ni Mommy sa aking kapatid.

"Really?" Yesha's eyes turned teary. I gasped and walked towards her too. I hugged her on the side and tried to smile happily.

"Yes, Yesha, so you need to be good here, okay? 'Wag kang pasaway kay Doc." I giggily laughed and looked at her to see her reaction.

Napanguso siya at kahit naiiyak pa rin ay napangiti na. She slowly nodded at me and hugged me back.

"I'll be okay, right? So I'll also be able to come outside freely like you?" Tumingala siya sa akin dahil mas matangkad ako sa kanya.

Agad naman akong tumango at marahang kinurot ang pisngi niya, making her laugh cutely.

"Of course!" She nodded repeatedly, like she was telling me that she understood and that she was looking forward to that day.