6. On your lap

Jimin stood there frozen on seeing him and Jungkook walking along the pavements with a small boy over Jungkook's shoulders. He couldn't see his face as he was sleeping peacefully on Jungkook's shoulders who was wearing the same police uniform. While Jimin linked his arm to the taller and was strolling to enjoy the firework event.

 While Jimin linked his arm to the taller and was strolling to enjoy the firework event

Jimin panicked seeing them approach his side

CLICK

He was again in the car clutching his head with a worrying Jungkook.

"Hyung? Are you okay? What happened?"

"Hyung?"

"Ah..i-its....I will tell you but please don't make fun of me" the smaller pouted.

"I won't" He said instead caressing Jimin's hand with his, driving with a single hand making Jimin gulp.

"That...recently-"

The sound of the first firework was heard.

"LOOK, JUNGKOOK" he squealed like a child swinging Jungkook's hands along with his forgetting what he had to say. The younger chuckled at his excitement and steered faster to the bank of the river bank.

"Hyung, You wait for me there near that tree. I'll park the car and join you" he instructed as Jimin took tiny steps to the said tree and sat below its lighting. He looked at the tree intently as he felt something strange sitting under it.

The younger reached him but his heart stopped when he saw a football flying to Jimin at the speed of a rocket. He didn't waste a second in running to his love interest and pushed him to the ground making the ball fly over their heads. He sighed thankfully while Jimin's eyes widened and he was speechless.

"Sorry, Ajhusshi" two boys apologised carrying the ball.

"Who the hell plays football at this time?" Jungkook asked annoyed while hugging Jimin who was frightened to the core.

"We didn't play, ajhusshi. It just moved by the wind" they reasoned.

"What the fuc-" he suddenly realised something.

"It's okay. Be careful next time" he sent the boys.

He knew what they said didn't make my sense. Like wind?? At that speed? But many things didn't make sense to him recently.

He looked down to see Jimin hugging him tight while burying his face in his chest.

"It's okay, baby....." He said making Jimin blush at the name. The smaller wasn't the type to be scared by these but he was scared by the  incidents happening recently after meeting Jungkook. He shook his head for thinking like that and tried to get things away from his head. So he looked around and caught sight of something that intrigued him.

"Jungkook, wait here" he said as he walked to a cart that was selling something. As the younger was immersed in his own thoughts, he just nodded at Jimin.

Jungkook's pov:

I laid on the grass staring at the dark sky which was yet to be lit with fireworks, waiting for him to come back. My thoughts again shift to the football. I couldn't help but think about the incidents that happened this week.

Jimin and Ji Eun were crossed the road as I was sitting at a table of Jin hyung's cafe and smiling at them when Jimin dozed off in the middle of the road. A car was approaching them. If it wasn't for the little Ji Eun who dragged Jimin with her quickly, I cannot think what would have happened.

Another time Hyung was about to fix a bulb in his studio. He said he switched off the mains. But it was not. Even I saw him going to the switch box and turning it off but we don't know how it was turned on again. If I wasn't careful......I don't want to think about that again.

I can feel something is done against hyung. But who? And why? And these stupid recollections that were floating in my head these days. All are taking a toll on me.

"Kookie?" I smiled at the name and turned towards the most beautiful creature and he was smiling at me while hiding something behind his back. I pretended not to see it as I asked him, " Where did you go?". He smiled brightly.

"Jungkook, Look what have I brought you" he said taking a flower crown and showing it to me with immense excitement. Bang. Again that pain.

'Seong Hwa, Look what I have brought you'

'Jungkook, Look what have I brought you'

'Seong Hwa, Look what I have brought you'

'Jungkook, Look what have I brought you'

'Seong Hwa'

'Seong Hwa'

"SEONG HWA" I screamed the name at the visuals I got inside my head. The same scene. But different place.

Jimin hyung was looking at me wide eyed with worry.

"Jungkook? What happened?" He asked scooting closer to me.

"H-hyung...." I couldn't control it as I buried my face in his lap as he caressed my hair softly.

"It's okay, Jungkookie. I'm here. It's nothing...." He softly whispered without even knowing anything. I was thankful for that.

"Hyung...."

I let out everything that had been happening to me, to us, and he listened intently. But he wasn't surprised. He stroked my hair and softly patted my arms.

Even though the fireworks started, we just talked with each other. The fireworks are nothing compared to the fire in our eyes that sometimes lit up. When I finished he wiped my only tear and gently pecked my forehead causing me to blush.

"Jungkook....I have been meaning to tell you something too"

"What is it, hyung?"

"You know just like you I have been getting these weird imaginations about you and me. But I was in that imagination unlike you. In that, you were an army officer and we even had a kid......in like 1960's" he said I was speechless.

So he was getting these like me. But we are getting different things? What does that mean? Maybe we watched a movie and it was affecting us like this? It must be that. I looked at him before fishing out my phone and calling a number.

"Hello" the line answered.

"Hello, Yoongi Hyung. Is Min Young Noona there?"

Author Notes:

I'm late but Happy New Year Guys!💜