28. Poison

"AHHHHHHH....." the soldiers were alerted as soon as they heard the Queen scream. They entered the room bewildered after hearing Bora's continuous cries.

"Call the royal physician," a soldier said and another ran out to call the mentioned.

"Ahh....It hurts" Bora cried with tears falling from his eyes from the pain.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

On the battlefield:

"Thank you for your service to the country, my dear brave soldiers. Your bravery will be engraved in history. Physicians, take care of them" Seong Hwa commanded the army with a proud smile on his blood-stained, dirty face.

"Long live, his majesty" the soldiers chanted happily after their win. Seong Hwa waved at them and went into a tent.

"Are you happy that we won earlier than expected, your Majesty?" Garam asked. The King sighed dreamily.

"Yeah, I can finally go see my Bora and baby after a month," he replied with a smile that made Garam smile too. Just then, a soldier came rushing to them.

"Your majesty" he panted.

"What is the matter?" Seong Hwa asked giving him time to take breaths.

"The queen is in labor and....." he trailed.

"And what?" The king asked frantically after seeing the soldier gulp.

"The physician said there were some complications in giving birth," he said making Seong Hwa's heart stop. His hands trembled at the words.

"W-what?" he asked but the soldier just hung his head low.

"Ask every physician in Joseon to be there. I want both the Queen and the baby safe" he commanded rage and anxiety in his voice which scared the soldier.

"Yes, your majesty," he said and flew to the palace.

"Let's go," he said to Garam trying to be calm but Garam knew it all and he was so scared like the king about his best friend.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Joo Seok entered his house and immediately heard the cries of his mother. His eyes widened in shock and he ran inside to find his mother crying in labor pain.

"I'll go call the physician," he said about to go out but stopped when his mother called him.

"Your dad already went," she said and Joo Seok sat beside her and began to rub her hands to ease her pain. His heart hurt seeing her in pain.

"It hurts.....Joo Seokah" she cried clutching onto his son.

"It will be okay, mom. I promise" he said stroking her head to calm her down. He waited for thirty minutes but his father didn't come and he was growing anxious. He bit his nails while waiting for him.

Meanwhile Man Beok ran on the streets to find someone to help his wife but he count not. He was all sweaty from running and was panting hard. He reached the 7th physician's house and his wife opened the door.

"Please call the physician" he said panting.

"I'm sorry but he is in the palace" the physician's wife said.

"Palace?"

"Yes. The queen has some complications in his delivery. And every physician in Joseon is there" she said and Man Beok felt like he could not breathe. How can he save his wife and baby now? Anger rushed through his veins and his eyes turned red.