26. Love and War

700 years ago:

8 months after Bora's pregnancy:

A beautiful lady entered the King's chamber and the king turned to look at her and raised an eyebrow.

"My King" she bowed to him and he just nodded.

"What is the matter, Park Chae Youngssi?" he asked the Royal concubine.

"The queen is cheating on you. I saw him behind the palace in the woods with another man" she said making Seong Hwa irritated.

"This is the fifth time you are trying to get to him. Don't you understand that I would never doubt the Queen? " The King asked in a deep voice sending shivers done her spine.

"But, your majesty, this time I know for sure. If he is not, then why does he talk to the man in that secluded place?" she again reasoned making Seong Hwa angry.

"Don't forget that you are here just because of the tradition, Royal concubine. Your tricks to get me in your bed will never work" he growled in a harsh voice and began to walk out of the room but the concubine held his wrist stopping him.

"Please, Your Majesty....come with me. I'll show you" she begged with crocodile tears in her eyes making the man sigh. He wanted to end this all and send her home but the elders in the palace just didn't listen.

"Fine" he said defeated and a smirk formed on her face in hopes of causing conflict between Bora and his husband. The King followed her out of the palace and told his soldiers to stop when they followed them. They reached the woods behind the palace and Bora was talking to a man there.

"See, Your majesty" she bit back a smirk as Seong Hwa just looked at his husband talking to another man.

'You are finished now' the Royal Concubine said to herself.

'What is he doing here with him?' The King wondered but never doubted him. He knew there would be some reason.

"Let's listen to them," he said and the lady nodded and they walked silently to the bush behind Bora and another man. Bora took out a paper and gave it to the man who looked at it intently.

"I want you to make the sword just like this and the words too," the Queen said while the man nodded.

"I'll try my best, my Queen. I'm sure the King will like your gift" he said and bowed. Bora smiled at him.

"Here," he gave a small bag of gold coins to him who bowed multiple times at the generosity and left. Bora looked at the sky and sighed before turning around and walking to the palace, totally oblivious that his husband and Chae Young were watching him all this time.

"If you come to me again, no matter what the reason is, I won't hesitate to behead you" Seong Hwa growled deeply before following his little husband.

"Where is the King?" Bora asked the guards when he entered the palace.

"Here" before the guards can answer Seong Hwa answered from behind and motioned for the soldiers to give them privacy. Bora turned around and smiled at the king and leaned up to place a kiss on his lips. The King smiled and placed his hands on Bora's belly.

"How's my little prince doing?" he leaned down to kiss his belly and Bora giggled caressing his husband's hair.

"How are you feeling, kitten?" Seong Hwa asked standing straight again.

"Yeah fine besides the occasional back aches" he replied holding his waist. The King back hugged him and rubbed his back soothing and the Queen leaned into his touch.

"It feels good" Bora sighed contented and Seong Hwa smiled satisfied. Suddenly, Bora's stomach growled making the taller chuckle.

"I think the little one is hungry," Bora said embarrassed.

"Let's go" The King said and lifted his husband bridal style making Bora's eyes widen.

"Someone might see" he said suddenly feeling shy.

"I've already told you that I don't care about others," Seong Hwa said and walked to their room. Bora just smiled at his husband and leaned to kiss his cheek earning a chuckle that he liked so much.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

It was Seong Hwa's birthday and the whole country was celebrating it. Bora was getting ready to give his present to the king. He was happily humming while applying some powder on his face to look good for his husband. Just then a man rushed into the Queen's chamber which made him startle.

"Slow down, Joo Seokah. Why are you running like this?" Bora questioned seeing the panting Joo Seok. His butler took his time to calm down before he spoke.

"My Queen, the Baekjae Kingdom declared war against us," he said. Bora was completely shocked by the news.

"War? But there are still internal revolts going on in our Kingdown...." he said wide-eyed and a spark lit in his mind.

"Don't tell me the people doing revolts have helped the King of Baekjae" he asked but to his dismay Joo Seok nodded.

"Seems like the guy you rejected is the Prince of that Kingdom" he added and Bora's mouth went wide.

"What?"

"Yes, your highness"

"But the last war was only two years ago" he said biting his lips and not caring about the prince. He was only worried about his husband who might die in the war. If he did, what was the point of him living? But he can't ask him to stay, as the King should lead the people. He, as the Queen, had some responsibilities.

"I have to go somewhere," Bora said running to the King who was currently in the court. He entered the court and loud gasps erupted from everyone. Seong Hwa's eyes widened.

"We need to talk" Bora said not minding the people in the court already tears falling down his cheeks.

"Court is dismissed," The king said and everyone left with only Seong Hwa on the throne. Bora ran to his husband and sat on his lap burying his red face in his neck. He sobbed taking short breaths.

"Baby....Don't cry. Please....I'll be okay" Seong Hwa patted his head but the Queen only shook his head.

"No....please" his cry was pathetic and Seong Hwa hated seeing his husband like this. He pulled Bora away from his chest and looked into his eyes and wiped his tears. He leaned down and kissed his plump lips and Bora kissed back. The taller pulled back.

"I promise, I'll come to you safe and sound," he said in a sincere voice.

"Pinky promise?" Bora asked with a small voice showing his pinky.

"Pinky promise" the King interlinked their pinkies.

"We will wait for you" Bora said taking Seong Hwa's hands and placing them on his belly.

"Yeah" the King assured him.

"I have a surprise for you. Let's go" Bora stood up and pulled the taller's hand who smiled at him.

"Oh, what is it?" The King asked pretending oblivious.

"You will see" Bora said and took him to their chamber and closed Seong Hwa's eyes while entering.

"Are you ready, Bunny?" he asked.

"Yes," Seong Hwa smile his bunny smile. He opened his eyes and his eyes landed on a sword that was on the table. It was so beautifully made. The King took it in his hand and read the words on its bottom.

"The Sun and the Moon?" he asked.

"You are my Sun and I'm your Moon" Bora said proudly and Seong Hwa's heart melted at that. He held the sword's handle and tried it and it was perfect just like his husband.

"Whenever you are on the battlefield, look at this and remember that two lives are waiting for you" Bora said and Seong Hwa's eyes welled up with tears.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it" the king leaned in to kiss Bora on his lips.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you more" Bora replied.

It was the 'Sword of Love'. But history destroyed that love and changed it into the 'Sword of War'.

A/N:

How's the story, guys?