27. Departure

Joo Seok

Joo Seok

Joo Seok came out of the palace but he was suddenly pulled into someone's chest and he looked up to see Garam.

"Where are you going?" Kim Garam asked his lover.

"The Queen is very much worried about the King. So I'll stay with him till the war ends" he said and Garam nodded.

"Yeah, the King is worried about him too. I'll protect the King on the battlefield with everything I have. Please take care of the Queen here. Many people hate him" Garam said and Joo Seok nodded.

"Please take care of yourself too. You have someone to worry about you too" Joo Seok said turning his head to the side not to let his lover see his tears. But Garam saw that and hugged him tightly and pecked his forehead.

"When I return, let's get married," Garam said and Joo Seok's eyes widened. He nodded happily.

"Please be safe" he pecked on Garam's lips one last time before pulling away. They looked into each other's eyes and nodded knowing that it was time to part their ways. They sighed before turning away. Garam walked into the palace while Joo Seok walked to his house to get his things. The latter reached his house and began to arrange his clothes when a knock on the front door interrupted him. He opened it to see some old man.

"Is Man Beok ssi home?" the man asked. Joo Seok eyed him suspiciously as the man carried the Baekjae Kingdom's flag and wore revolts attire.

"Father is out in the market" Joo Seok said and the man left after muttering a 'thank you'. As soon as he closed the door, he ran to his pregnant mother who got pregnant at this age by her horny husband.

"Joo Seokah...." she was laying on the bed.

"Mom....I know dad hates the King but is he one of the revolutionists?" he asked scared to know the answer. His mother just sighed.

"I don't know, son. He has been not at home often. When I asked he just said that he was busy with work" she said and Joo Seok nodded. Now he was sure. That attire can't be anything but of revolutionists. He never thought his father would be one of them as there was no reason to revolt. The King reigned the country the best the land had ever seen. Joo Seok clenched his jaw in anger.

"Mom, I'm living in the palace for some time. I think your delivery date should be around the Queen's. I'll come to see you every day. Don't worry" he said and his mother nodded. He walked to the market to find his father in his sorcery shop.

"Joo Seokah" Man Book smiled at him.

"Are you revolting against the King with the enemy Kingdom?" he asked angrily.

"T-That...." his father stuttered.

"Yes or No?" he asked raising his voice.

"It's because he is not allo-"