"Ouch! That fucking hurt."

Dinner was good and I had hoped that afterward, I could tell Tess about Eli and me but both she and Bennett were very tired and went to bed early. Seems like their romantic getaways really tired them out. 

The next morning, I was up bright and early but someone was earlier than me. Bennett was already in the kitchen preparing breakfast. 

"Good morning, Benny." I greet him in a sing-song voice.

He looks briefly in my direction before turning his attention back to the stove.

"Morning, Romy. You're in a good mood."

"Yeah, I guess. How was your time with your 'friend'?" I ask him, my eyebrows wiggling in a suggestive way.

He laughs and shakes his head, a grin remaining on his face. "You noisy little shit."

"Heey! That's what Eli called me, too. Why are you guys so mean?" 

"We are not mean, it's the truth."

"Oh come on, just tell me, please. Have you told Tess already?"

"I have. On our way back in the car."

"And?! What did she say? Was she okay with it? Does she know her? Are we gonna meet her?"

"Why don't you just ask Tess?" Bennett asks over his shoulder.

"You know what, I will." With that, I make my way upstairs and knock and Tess's bedroom door. 

"Yeah?" Her groggy voice sounds through the door. I enter the room and jump on the bed. 

"How did you sleep?" I ask her. Her thick, brown hair is all over the place and she squints at me through half-closed eyes.

"Fine."

"So spill. How was it? Did you have fun with Simon and his boat?"

She instantly seems more awake at my question. "Oh my god, you have no idea. He is sooo good in bed. I don't know how he learned to do these things with his to-"

"Okay, okay, okay! Too much detail, buddy. Reign it back in, would ya?"

"You little prude. You were the one asking if it was 'fun'." She smirks at me.

"I am not a prude. In fact, I have something of my own to tell you." My voice gets quieter with every word. Tess's eyes start to sparkle and she immediately sits up, now facing me. 

"Go on," she urges.

"Well... Eli and I might've gotten a little closer over the past week." I admit to her. I can feel the blush spreading over my cheeks and my best friend picks up on it immediately. 

"Ooohh you're blushing. You dirty little girl, you fucked my brother's very old best friend. I can't leave you alone for the love of God, can I?"

"Oh my... Tess you are so crude, Jesus! I did not fuck anyone, mind you. And he's not that old." Her face falls in disappointment. "But," her eyes light up again, "we did make out quite a lot."

Tess starts laughing and hooting and grabs both of my cheeks in her hands, smushes them together, and plants a kiss smack dab on my mouth. "I am so proud of you!" she squeals. I groan in embarrassment and pull my head out of her - very strong - grip.

"You are too much, Tess," I tell her but I can't help the giant smile that creeps onto my face.

"What? I like seeing you all happy like this." 

"I was happy before all of this. Well, partially. But I am still partially happy."

She cocks her eyebrow at me.