"Don't panic, no one saw us,"

"Stop, you son of a bitch, leave me alone!" Tess screeches, trying to escape  Bennett's grasp, who is trying to throw her into the lake.

"Oh oh, I'm telling mom that you called her a bitch," Ben taunts.

"I didn't because I am one hundred percent sure you are adopted!" she argues back and claws at his arms around her torso. To no avail though because the next second, Bennett throws her out into the water. 

Eli and I laugh at their sibling antics as he swims his rounds, my arms around his neck, floating over his back on the water.

"Maybe I should do the same with you since you are only using me to get around the lake without putting in any effort," Eli muses between strokes.

His long, toned arms gliding through the water with powerful strokes. His skin glistening from the water and the sun. His hair looking jet black in its wet state. 

"You wouldn't be that mean to me," I feign a shocked voice. 

"I like making it up to you though," he counters and I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I blush a deep red at his insinuation and thank the heavens that he cannot see my face right now. It's been a few days since he 'made it up to me' but my body still reacts whenever I think about it. Let's just say the water is not the only thing making me wet right now. 

"You're awfully quiet all of a sudden." His voice pulls me from my very innocent thoughts. 

He's turned around in my arms, facing me now, his hands holding onto my waist. I clear my throat.

"Uh, I was just thinking," I say.

"I could see that," he notes, his beautiful green eyes roaming my face. "You wanna tell me what you were thinking about?"

"Nope," I grin at him.

"Hmm, I see," he pulls me closer, my body molding into his. "You should get into the shade soon, I think you're getting a little sunburnt."

I'm not sure if he is serious or teasing me about blushing, but I just nod. My eyes search his and when our gazes meet, I swear the world stops for a second. I know it sounds incredibly cheesy but I could look into his eyes for hours and not get bored. 

"I love your eyes," I blurt without thinking.

He smiles. "Do you?"

"Yes," I breathe, still staring.

"Good thing I only have eyes for you then," he jokes and breaks the spell I was under.

"You're a dork," I laugh and splash water at him - which turns out to be a mistake because he definitely beats me in splashing water. Damnit.

When we emerge from the lake, Bennett's eyes land on my thighs and stay there. I think it to be weird for a second but I then remember the bruises that Eli's hands have left there. Tess has been non-stop teasing me since she discovered them the morning after I stayed in Eli's room.

"What happened to your legs? Are you alright?" Bennett asks me, concern evident in his tone.

"Uh yeah, I'm good. I'm a total klutz and ran into the kitchen counter when I went to get some water at night," I lie. 

"Really? That doesn't look like it comes from running into something. It almost looks like ha-" Tess starts but my death glare quickly cuts her off before she can say 'hands'.

"Just turn on the light next time," Ben advises with a grin and I nod.

"Will do."

"Benny had a nice idea for this weekend's activity," Tess announces.