"Does it still hurt?"

Faster than any words could leave my mouth, Eli has his hands around Tommy's neck, pulling him up from Janet's body and shoving him into the fridge with a forceful push. Ouch. 

I cringe from the sound that Tommy's head makes when it hits the stainless steel behind him. For a moment, it looks like that was all Eli planned to do because the two men find themselves in a silent stare down for a few seconds. Well, silent except for the heavy breathing and panting.

Tommy, Isabelle, Tess, Simon and I are frozen still as we watch the scene unfold, hoping that Eli just lets it go and this whole thing will be over. I have a feeling that is wishful thinking on our part, though. And turns out I was right. Instead of apologizing or trying to talk his way out, Tommy smirks. A smug, sly grin and not a second later, Eli's fist brutally connects with the side of Tommy's face. Bennett springs into action, trying to get between a barely struggling Eli, who delivers blow after blow at Tommy's face, and a very struggling Tommy who still manages to get a few hits in Eli's ribs and jaw.

Something nudges my side, momentarily distracting me from the fighting giants. Tess tilts her head to the ground and I take a look to find Janet sitting there, nearly naked. Her thong bunched at her ankles, her bra dangling off of one arm and her face, she looks smug, pleased, and heavily intoxicated. Isabelle is crouched down next to her, talking to her in a low voice. After a few words have been exchanged, Isa gets up and walks over to us, asking Tess to call a cab. Tess nods and I look at Isa in question.

"She told me her address, I'm taking her home. I don't think she will be of any good here tonight, she might just make things worse," she explains and I nod in agreement. 

Tess and Isabelle bend down to help Janet up after helping her to put her underwear back on and throwing her coat over her lingerie-clad body. When they walk past me, I grab Janet's wrist.

"Did he force you?" I ask her, remembering the time Tommy cornered me in the kitchen.

"Don't fucking touch me, you homewrecker," Janet sneers and rips her hand from my grasp. Okay, I tried.

Tess and Simon follow Isa outside, they offered to help take Janet home in case she gets rowdy.

The scuffling and grunting in the background pulls my attention back to the men and I see Ben has managed to somewhat break up the fight. Tommy is leaning against the stove, his nose clearly broken and his left eye swollen shut. He definitely needs some medical attention. My gaze finds Eli, his knuckles bloodied and his lip sports a nasty cut, along with his eyebrow. He is clutching his side, his breath raging in and out. Bennett has his arms around him, trying to hold him back from charging at Tommy again. This looks bad but both men are breathing and alive, I guess it could've been much worse. Thank god Ben was here to help.

"Should I call an ambulance?" I direct my question at Bennett.

He goes to say something but Tommy beats him to it. "Would you be so kind, angel? Unless you are the one who'd like to tend to my wounds."

A hateful growl sounds from Eli and he looks ready to pounce again. Bennett is really struggling to hold him back.

"No, I don't think it'll be good to have them together in one house for much longer," Ben says. "I will drive that asshole over there to the hospital, you calm down Eli, alright?"

"Okay," I nod hastily and quickly walk over to them, trying to direct Eli's attention to me so Ben can get out with Tommy. 

"Hey, big boy," I whisper, trying to lighten the mood. It doesn't work. "Eli? Look at me," I take his uninjured hand and squeeze. His eyes land on our hands. I nod at Ben who lets go of his hold on his best friend and rushes over to Tommy, dragging him out of the house. I let out a relieved sigh, thankful that the physical fighting has stopped for the night.